Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

On 11/16/2021 at 10:21 PM, Juliancolton said:

Good trends today. Keep it going until it's a quick fropa. 

On another note, now at the latest without flakes or measurable snow since 2015-16. 

5 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

First flakes of the season here this morning. 

This is my second latest recorded first flakes, 12/4/06 is still the latest for me.  That 06-07 season also is the latest first measurable snowfall date which was 1/19/07.

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

This is my second latest recorded first flakes, 12/4/06 is still the latest for me.  That 06-07 season also is the latest first measurable snowfall date which was 1/19/07.

No flakes here yet. I hope I make it through the day without seeing any... I'm in full "STFU" mode this season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, gravitylover said:

No there are (many) mangled flakes mixed in. Well, there were along the Taconic a few minutes ago and now it's flurrying in Tivoli.

Yeah, I'm sure flakes were having an easier time reaching the ground in some of the more convective streamers to my north. At home though I genuinely didn't see anything that I would consider a snowflake... anything frozen bounced a couple times upon impact.

Between putting up lights and slogging through my current month-long photo contract, I've been outside like 12-14 hours every day. Good for building cold tolerance early and also for observing the minutiae of the weather. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, I'm sure flakes were having an easier time reaching the ground in some of the more convective streamers to my north. At home though I genuinely didn't see anything that I would consider a snowflake... anything frozen bounced a couple times upon impact.

Between putting up lights and slogging through my current month-long photo contract, I've been outside like 12-14 hours every day. Good for building cold tolerance early and also for observing the minutiae of the weather. 

“ONLY THE DAY DAWNS TO WHICH WE ARE AWAKE,IF WE ARE TO GRASP THE REALITY OF OUR LIFE WHILE WE HAVE IT,WE WILL NEED TO WAKE UP TO OUR MOMENTS,OTHERWISE,WHOLE DAYS,EVEN A WHOLE LIFE COULD SLIP BY UNNOTICED..”
 Henry David Thoreau, Walden

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

“ONLY THE DAY DAWNS TO WHICH WE ARE AWAKE,IF WE ARE TO GRASP THE REALITY OF OUR LIFE WHILE WE HAVE IT,WE WILL NEED TO WAKE UP TO OUR MOMENTS,OTHERWISE,WHOLE DAYS,EVEN A WHOLE LIFE COULD SLIP BY UNNOTICED..”

Thank you Henry David and Irish. I must keep impressing on myself, before my end that I cannot possibly leave before I first arrive. As always ….

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Pretending youre cultured, how cute. You read this penciled in a bathroom stall at Angry Orchard?

• Haha 4

On 11/20/2021 at 4:39 PM, IrishRob17 said:

I was quite a bit older than I care to admit when I finally realized the Walden Pond works weren't about a place in OC. That was briefly disappointing.

20F this am as the step-down continues

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Snow on the ground this morning in Brockport. Not much, maybe .3", but it was nice driving in it and watching it fall (sideways) out the hotel room window.

It's probably time for you to admit that you're just driving around the region chasing snow showers. A king among weenies. 

• Haha 3