• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

Mine is 33 tonight and 30 tomorrow. I'm sick today but hoping to get outside tomorrow to pull those peppers, move the summer plants inside, clear two beds and turn them then put the garlic in after the few cold nights this week. The plan is to load the beds that had bug problems this year with garlic and onions. Then, since it looks dry for a while, I need to pull the saggy headliner out of my truck and redo it. Good fall weather is nice so you can get things done.

15 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Mine is 33 tonight and 30 tomorrow. I'm sick today but hoping to get outside tomorrow to pull those peppers, move the summer plants inside, clear two beds and turn them then put the garlic in after the few cold nights this week. The plan is to load the beds that had bug problems this year with garlic and onions. Then, since it looks dry for a while, I need to pull the saggy headliner out of my truck and redo it. Good fall weather is nice so you can get things done.

Good morning GL. Please take care of yourself and perhaps go a little easier tomorrow. As always…..

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

I hope your tomatoes don’t wilt.

A367BA88-4872-4C8E-B23E-549EC7B4F77D.jpeg

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Seems like regardless of what happens @BxEngineis ready to rise to the occasion 

Good morning Hudson, Irish. Is that a (or was a) cherry tomato? With the cold/storm season upon us I’m sure BxE will be ready to put any rise to good use. As always ….

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

My PWS went offline for some reason just after 5 am and didn't come back for a few hours, so missed the low. Station up the road hit 23.7 - it's usually around a degree cooler than me due to lower elevation. In any case, heavy frost once again.

25 was the low here, heavy frost too.  Point n click for tonight is 26, another frosty night on the way.

It only got below freezing in one spot (that I know of) here on the hill, most were 33-34.

Most of the garden has given up for the year but a few things are plodding along. The brassicas were pretty well decimated by cabbage worms twice this year and I didn't bother to pull them. Well, these frosts put the bugs down and the cabbage and cauliflower started going to town. This upcoming warm up ought to turbocharge them so I'm thinking a dose of Neptune's Harvest after the ground softens in the morning should do it and we'll have fresh greens again before we freeze up for the season. I think I might eke out some more root veggies, lima beans, peppers and potatoes too.

• Like 1