• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

Its pretty certain now that my low here for the month will be 38, which makes it the first October in my time here going back to 2005 that I did not reach freezing.  Here are the other Octobers that I only had a low in the 30s, you'll see just how much this 38 stands out in comparison:

2005: 30

2007: 30

2010: 32

2017: 31

2018: 30

2019: 31

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Only got to 39 here this morning but there was more noticeable building roof frost on the way into Goshen, still not enough to log it as the first frost. 

To be honest I'm not even sure if I should tally my first frost. 31.5F was the low (below-freezing being corroborated by other stations in the neighborhood), so unambiguously the first freeze. Even here, though, actual frost was tenuous and confined to well-insulated rooftops. Most crucially, there was no damage to tender vegetation... my petunias and impatiens are no worse for wear. Can you first freeze without first frost? If not, how do you frost without killing the impatiens?

• Like 1

Just now, Juliancolton said:

To be honest I'm not even sure if I should tally my first frost. 31.5F was the low (below-freezing being corroborated by other stations in the neighborhood), so unambiguously the first freeze. Even here, though, actual frost was tenuous and confined to limited to well-insulated rooftops. Most crucially, there was no damage to tender vegetation... my petunias and impatiens are no worse for wear. Can you first freeze without first frost? If not, how do you frost without killing the impatiens?

Officially, I don't know but I lean towards no.  That said, I've experienced similar situations in the past that left me scratching my head.  The impatiens are a good telltale.    

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

@Juliancolton’s Halloween costume FD8F8B78-8D7E-4781-8375-E129961AD1AF.jpeg.810a1a67a0b81ccce22641760e042c10.jpeg

Good morning Irish. It certainly looks like Julian and a local Bee swarm will give each other an All Hallows’ Eve to remember. As always ….

16 hours ago, BxEngine said:

You guys are very impatien about this

14 hours ago, rclab said:

Good evening BxE. I applaud them both. It’s very difficult to be a flower child in today’s world. As always….

On 10/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, IrishRob17 said:

The Wallkill River gauge in Middletown peaked just a hair higher than it did with Ida, will be interesting how high the river goes this weekend.

River gauge.JPG

The weekend rain was lighter than forecast thankfully.  There was s light delay in the gauge dropping until yesterday.

Rain gauge 11-1-21.JPG