Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

How did they do against the cold winds of the frozen tundra?

It's hard to sustain the necessary bubble of warmth when winds are really whipping, otherwise the cold doesn't faze them. I think I missed my evening cigar a total of three times last winter. Which has been nice for sure, but isn't great for the long term implications of that particular habit 

• Like 2

I'm at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds at the handmade fair, my wife has a booth here. There are a bunch of wineries and distilleries from NY with free tastings (and sales). I just tried a kickass potato bourbon that they have to call vodka because it's not made with corn or grain. It was soo good :)@Juliancolton this is pretty much your backyard, come visit.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I'm at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds at the handmade fair, my wife has a booth here. There are a bunch of wineries and distilleries from NY with free tastings (and sales). I just tried a kickass potato bourbon that they have to call vodka because it's not made with corn or grain. It was soo good :)@Juliancolton this is pretty much your backyard, come visit.

Ahh, I should have logged on earlier, would have definitely run up. I thought about going to that but ended up doing the walkway street fair instead. 

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

I can really start to see the change in the leaves starting over the past few days...unfortunately with all of the rain there's brown patches on the leaves too and the additional 1" IMBY yesterday will not help that any.   

I noticed that as well.  seems like the maple leaves have a lot of brown already.

Also, the acorns have been sparse to non existent.

There's a late blight that seems to have gotten a hold of some maples and chokeberry trees. One of our maples has been brown and dropping for 2 weeks now and the pos berry tree went gold in early August, dropped a couple million half rotted berries and is now almost bare. The thing ruined 1/3 of my beds and made a purple mess of that end of the patio. Fukker is coming down soon :gun_bandana:

It's pretty crazy the lack of actual fall temps we've had to date. Seems like almost every day (with a few exceptions) has been at least near or above 70 without relent. I do quite a bit of fishing and the water temps in the local reservoirs are crazy high for this time of year...there is still zero chill to the touch of any kind when dipping your hand in the water at this point. Going to push a lot of the usual fall fishing back several weeks, until the water actually starts to cool down some.

13 hours ago, gravitylover said:

@sn0w what's up man? We must be getting closer to winter for you to be back ;) I dunno, mid 60's are comfy enough and it feels less like summer so that means it's fall, right? Close enough anyway, I don't need it cool enough to run the heat at night for a few more weeks. 

Haha, yep pretty much. I agree that this weather is definitely comfortable, it's just pushing back my fishing season. 

• Like 1