Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Wife is near Stewart for meetings, said she hit some pretty heavy rain between 16 and 17. Still mostly sunny down here but clouding up quickly. 

I was at the Home Depot in Newburgh around 8:30 and was hit there with that same thunderstorm (quick mover). Nothing severe but heavy rain and a few CTG lightning strikes. On and off rain since then thru 11:30, 0.28 in the bucket. Radar showing more to swing thru in the next few hours.

38 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Albany P&C takes me to 39 tonight. Should be semi-interesting to watch as conditions look okay but not excellent for radiating. If there's a light breeze in the morning as modeled, that could really thicken up the fog over the river and make for some impressive sunrise views.

Upton has me to 40.

24 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Got down to 41, 42 now. Looks like some dews heading my way this evening….

5D36E331-2E74-4A5A-A31F-995551B11EB8.jpeg

Good morning Irish. You jogged a memory imbibe moment. It was similar to the special home brew Barry Firzgerald/Bing Crosby moment in ‘Going My Way’. I was given the privilege of tasting a very old scotch whisky. I was/am not a drinker as I have no tolerance. Breathing in a bouquet puts me over the driving limits. I was assured that unlike what I had experienced, this would be unforgettable. I tried it and it was. I understand the word smooth now, as it relates to aged spirits. The only thing I remember was the smooth warmth and the glow and that will have to be enough. Thank you for the jog down the lane. As always …

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Speaking of Bing Crosby….30 more days till christmas music begins. 

Good morning BxE. I just got back from getting the booster. I was the only one. Either all the relics like me have moved on or it was too early in the morning. I’m hoping for a specific side effect. I’ll know …. if I get an uncontrollable urge to visit the senior center. So far nothing. I’m looking forward to the seasonal music, fortunately there is no vaccine for that. As always …

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Good morning Julian. I’m not even sure the postage stamp will experience that by T Day. As always….

I was a little surprised too to have managed that even with a bit of low-level flow all night... although 38 was, in fact, the low. Love those first mornings in the 30s when the steam billows off lakes and ponds.

Also gonna pretend I didn't see bx's post.

edit: I lied, 37.4 is the daily minimum

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Considering getting a propane patio heater, anyone have any experience with them? Any recommendations?

I've been happy with the $130, 48,000 btu upright units from BJ's. Easy to assemble and my first two have survived three winters of near daily use, although I did have to replace one thermocouple last year... quick fix

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Considering getting a propane patio heater, anyone have any experience with them? Any recommendations?

3 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Make sure the propane isnt leaking on a windless night before lighting a cigar….

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Speak from experience?

Good evening Irish, BxE. It’s happened to me at night without the cigar. As always….

4 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I've been happy with the $130, 48,000 btu upright units from BJ's. Easy to assemble and my first two have survived three winters of near daily use, although I did have to replace one thermocouple last year... quick fix

How did they do against the cold winds of the frozen tundra?