Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

3 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

having experienced mold and mildew and allergies from them I would disagree lol.

I'll buy my water from the store.

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I don't know why California can't figure this out, it's so simple

Good afternoon, Liberty, Julian. I remember a photo from years ago when brand bottled water was gaining popularity. It showed a brand name bottled water tanker truck filling up at a city hydrant. Obviously staged but it did get me to wondering. As always ……

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I don't know why California can't figure this out, it's so simple

They should be desalinating and using the water from the Pacific en masse.

Too costly at the level of technology they have right now, I guess.

The greatest villains in that formula are the farming and fossil fuel cartels which have exemptions to drill deep into the ground and extract from the water table.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good afternoon, Liberty, Julian. I remember a photo from years ago when brand bottled water was gaining popularity. It showed a brand name bottled water tanker truck filling up at a city hydrant. Obviously staged but it did get me to wondering. As always ……

Lol well that might be better use for it than the children who open up the hydrants and dance around them.

6 minutes ago, rclab said:

It's not far off. Something like 2/3 of bottled water is just tap water from whatever municipality the bottling plant is in.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

It's not far off. Something like 2/3 of bottled water is just tap water from whatever municipality the bottling plant is in.

Youre telling me my water isnt fresh from an unblemished spring in the woods of some tiny town in new england?

• Haha 2

Flash Flood Watch

Flood Watch
National Weather Service New York NY
802 PM EDT Wed Sep 8 2021

NJZ002-004-006-103>108-NYZ067-069-090800-
/O.CON.KOKX.FF.A.0009.000000T0000Z-210909T0800Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Western Passaic-Eastern Passaic-Hudson-Western Bergen-Eastern Bergen-
Western Essex-Eastern Essex-Western Union-Eastern Union-Orange-
Rockland-
802 PM EDT Wed Sep 8 2021

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EDT THURSDAY...

The Flash Flood Watch continues for

* Portions of northeast New Jersey and southeast New York, including
  the following areas, in northeast New Jersey, Eastern Bergen,
  Eastern Essex, Eastern Passaic, Eastern Union, Hudson, Western
  Bergen, Western Essex, Western Passaic and Western Union. In
  southeast New York, Orange and Rockland.

* Until 4 AM EDT Thursday.

* A cold frontal passage will produce a round of showers and
  thunderstorms tonight through the early morning hours. Due to wet
  antecedent conditions, the area is susceptible to flooding.

* Locally heavy rainfall may produce flash flooding.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.

&&

$$

DW

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 491
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
755 PM EDT WED SEP 8 2021

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 491 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1200 AM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

NYC021-027-039-071-079-087-105-111-090400-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0491.210908T2355Z-210909T0400Z/

NY
.    NEW YORK COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

COLUMBIA             DUTCHESS            GREENE
ORANGE               PUTNAM              ROCKLAND
SULLIVAN             ULSTER
$$

19 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I use water filters they work to remove the high metal content crap in my water thats causing my pipes to corrode.  The 6 stage filter is right where the water comes inside on the main pipe.  Before that the water was so bad that I was replacing my boiler every 5 years because of corrosion.

Also water from paper containers is far better than plastic bottles ugh.

4 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I use water filters they work to remove the high metal content crap in my water thats causing my pipes to corrode.  The 6 stage filter is right where the water comes inside on the main pipe.  Before that the water was so bad that I was replacing my boiler every 5 years because of corrosion.

Boxed water hasn't caught on at all around here. I had assumed that was true everywhere. Haven't tried it personally, so no judgement on taste vs plastic, although plain water is just a bummer to start with.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Boxed water hasn't caught on at all around here. I had assumed that was true everywhere. Haven't tried it personally, so no judgement on taste vs plastic, although plain water is just a bummer to start with.

I'm very nervous about plastic bottles not just because of the impact on the environment but also because of plastic microparticles being found in the bloodstream.  Dont want that.

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

I'm very nervous about plastic bottles not just because of the impact on the environment but also because of plastic microparticles being found in the bloodstream.  Dont want that.

49 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Im gonna die from about 19 other things before the plastics kill me

Good evening Liberty, BxE. So that’s why the daughters keep on me about getting rid of the plastic bottle I use to refrigerate my tap water. Now if I could somehow direct those micro particles where I wanted them. As always……

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Been there, done that, at least until Homeland Security(??) decided that potassium permanganate, which was used to regenerate the iron filters, was a terrorist threat....

If you live in the ''burbs and get your own water,, you know it is a nightmare fluid, it takes up every possible contaminant available.

Getting it clean is a never ending task.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Nobody needs excessive heat ever, but also it's too early for sweaters and knit caps. We spent most of the summer holed-up inside, seeking refuge from record humidity. A month of pleasant warmth is fair.

I like heat but not humidity and would go to extremes to get rid of humidity.  (Cant we just siphon it off into space?  I wonder how Mars did it? LOL)