Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

6 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Kids “camping” in the backyard this weekend. Supposed to be tnite but the ground is still so awful i might make them wait till sunday night. The grass is finally drying out but having a bunch of kids laying in a tent all night? Dunno. 

Oh come on!  You gotta your kids tough!  Get those tents up today.

Just now, BxEngine said:

Oh i dont give a shit about the kids its my lawn im worried about lol

My take on the lawn has changed over the years.  As much I like a good looking lawn, worn out spots don't bother me like they used to, they show life has happened, which is always a good thing IMO.    

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

My take on the lawn has changed over the years.  As much I like a good looking lawn, worn out spots don't bother me like they used to, they show life has happened, which is always a good thing IMO.    

Agreed Irish. That is exactly how I feel when standing in front of a floor length mirror. As always …..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Fishkill Creek just above discharge into the Hudson was pretty nuts this morning. Even before 7 am there were lots of gawkers and looky-loos (I, on the other hand, was doing serious research, and likely saving lives as well.)

Clearly you followed the no swimming sign

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I was leery of the drops splashing on my face to be honest. 200 sqmi of suburban storm runoff all funneled into one channel... yummy.

Many, many, moons ago I used to play around the Fishkill Creek as it ran behind the apartment complex I lived in. It wasn’t as many moons ago though as @BxEngine

23 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Kids “camping” in the backyard this weekend. Supposed to be tnite but the ground is still so awful i might make them wait till sunday night. The grass is finally drying out but having a bunch of kids laying in a tent all night? Dunno. 

How was the camping night? you didn’t bail out I hope.

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Aww man... :( lol

Today ended up disappointingly wet. Only a few hundredths but it was heavy enough at the beginning to soak everything and it stayed wet all day with a bit more "encouragement".

I got a ride in this morning before the rain but the afternoon was a lot wetter than anticipated.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I don't know what is worse, having to conserve water because the pressure in the well is inconsistent or constant wetness, mold, mildew and a failing garden. I'm gonna go with too wet is worse... I'm really tired of this year... #bringbackthedrought

Trust me, wet is better. You'll agree when your well produces only sand and gravel, with associated bills.