Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

44 minutes ago, snywx said:

That’s great! I don’t think this will rival Irene but time will tell I guess

Irene was 6.61" for me, sitting at 1.52" so far.  What also helps my location is that the other side of the river is lower so much of the river goes that way when it spills its banks.  

6 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

How were Floyd and Lee up your way?

For Floyd my boys were 6, 3, and 2...I wasn't keeping records then as every day was survival mode.  For Lee I have 7.50" from Monday afternoon through Thursday of that week.  On 10/8/05 I had 8.51" of rain, I think that there was a tropical connection to that but my records then didn't include some of the details that I add now.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had a ~15' tall chokecherry growing in the yard that I found yesterday. It wasn't there at the beginning of the year because I cleaned that corner of the yard down to dirt in March. I say had because a few minutes ago I went and pushed it over then ripped it out. It pulled up nearly a foot and a half around root ball. What I'm getting it is the ground is so soft that healthy, new growth that big can just be pulled out by hand.

As the wind is already coming up a little in the heavier showers I'm getting concerned for the 50+ foot trees all over the hill. 

• Sad 1

Floyd was insane. Just under 14" here, between 14.5-15 along the Taconic Spine just west of here and a max of 16.5-17 along Quaker Hill and Cranberry Mt in Patterson. Whole hillsides washed away, roads were rivers and waterfalls were everywhere. It was the most intense weather I've ever seen for over an hour. I drove home from work at what I thought was the end of the worst of it and got caught in some downpours that forced me to stop the car because I couldn't see past the windshield. It was exhilarating :blink:

• Like 1

Severe Weather Statement National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ 719 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021 NJC021-PAC017-012330- /O.CON.KPHI.TO.W.0049.000000T0000Z-210901T2330Z/ Mercer NJ-Bucks PA- 719 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021 ...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM EDT FOR CENTRAL MERCER AND SOUTHEASTERN BUCKS COUNTIES... At 718 PM EDT, a confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado was located over Trenton, moving northeast at 40 mph. This storm has a history of producing strong tornadoes. This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW! HAZARD...Damaging tornado. SOURCE...Weather spotters confirmed tornado. IMPACT...You are in a life-threatening situation. Flying debris may be deadly to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes will be destroyed. Considerable damage to homes, businesses, and vehicles is likely and complete destruction is possible. Locations impacted include... Trenton, Ewing, Pennington, Yardley, Edinburg, White Horse, Windsor, Mercerville-Hamilton Square, Lawrenceville, Woodside, Levittown, Morrisville, Yardville-Groveville and Fairless Hills. This includes the following highways... Interstate 195 in New Jersey between mile markers 0 and 5. Interstate 295 in New Jersey between mile markers 59 and 76.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The stronger-than-modeled convection over PA/NJ and now moving into NYC has been robbing our moisture a bit. Whatever ridiculous rainfall total you end up with, it was almost even worse.

Current radar is showing an impressive slug of moisture from Newark northwards thru Bergen and Rockland county swinging up to our region. Should keep us in the moderate/heavy precipitation for the next couple of hours.

11 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Current radar is showing an impressive slug of moisture from Newark northwards thru Bergen and Rockland county swinging up to our region. Should keep us in the moderate/heavy precipitation for the next couple of hours.

I might be just a tad too far west for that, fine by me. You guys further east certainly look to get into that though. 

• Like 1