Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

19 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

This is an ultimatum. You guys start posting some more, or I make a c*vid post. The choice is yours.

Good morning Julian. I usually  browse the very fine New England threads. The climate, there, has taken a turn for the worse (ref COVID) the moderators, to their credit, have it under control. I, as I posted there, started reading the posts out loud. Unbeknownst to me my daughters pug was listening. I recorded his reaction. ( my felines could care less). As always …C1CFA08B-2B24-4FF0-BDDB-B011E267EAF5.thumb.jpeg.9ce21be6d3f580cc606e7450028eeee9.jpeg

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Julian. I usually  browse the very fine New England threads. The climate, there, has taken a turn for the worse (ref COVID) the moderators, to their credit, have it under control. I, as I posted there, started reading the posts out loud. Unbeknownst to me my daughters pug was listening. I recorded his reaction. ( my felines could care less). As always …C1CFA08B-2B24-4FF0-BDDB-B011E267EAF5.thumb.jpeg.9ce21be6d3f580cc606e7450028eeee9.jpeg

The "reading NE threads" expression transcends species it would seem.

Cute little guy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, same... but my well is getting low. It's shocking how quickly 15" of rain in July just vanishes into the annals of history.

I may have read those last few words incorrectly and was worried about how you get water into your body….

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

#2-

The garden needed to be watered this morning.

I havent had to water mine in over a month now i think. If last nights storm had missed i probably would have this morning. Second light soaking at about 6 am helped too.

18 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Too much caffeine from coffee enemas, just straight water now.

It was 98/80 (allegedly) about an hour ago before some clouds moved in. Absolutely intolerable. 

Julian let me say this before Irish does. Your tempting a rather unpleasant ghostly visitation from the Chock Full Of Nuts jingle lady. The company in those days had to publish disclaimers that their coffee was pure. That there were “ no nuts” in their coffee. Not sure how this information affects your post. I just couldn’t help myself. As always ,,.

• Haha 4

High of 91 here today, 79/73 currently outside, inside its 79 downstairs… I’m sitting against an ice pack to cool off while my mother in law is in sweats and a long sleeve thermal top…. Heading to OBX Saturday morning and thankfully it looks like we won’t have any evacuation concerns next week, a ber6 long over due week away from here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

High of 91 here today, 79/73 currently outside, inside its 79 downstairs… I’m sitting against an ice pack to cool off while my mother in law is in sweats and a long sleeve thermal top…. Heading to OBX Saturday morning and thankfully it looks like we won’t have any evacuation concerns next week, a ber6 long over due week away from here. 

Same here for the high at 91. The nearby thunderstorms and cloud cover held the temp which was a nice relief. Currently 80/72 here.  Enjoy OBX hopefully Fred won’t bother you much down there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, same... but my well is getting low. It's shocking how quickly 15" of rain in July just vanishes into the annals of history.

I really don't have any way to know what's up with the well until it's too late. The depth it goes to though is about where the local reservoirs are at and they're bankfull so my hope is always that I'm tapping that resource. I'm probably wrong...

14 hours ago, BxEngine said:

I havent had to water mine in over a month now i think. If last nights storm had missed i probably would have this morning. Second light soaking at about 6 am helped too.

I haven't even had a quarter inch combined for the month. I've had to water just about every day.

Took the kids to a local state park last night to see if we could see any of the meteor shower. Its nowhere near an ideal spot, but its better than driving 2 hours to the sounds of my kids whining and then sleeping. Anyway…we probably saw 15-20 in the 45 mins or so we were out there. the storms over PA were still west of scranton at the time, but the lightning was enough to pulse through the sky constantly. First time i can recall seeing it that bright and that frequent from storms over 80 miles away. Was cooler to watch than the meteors.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Took the kids to a local state park last night to see if we could see any of the meteor shower. Its nowhere near an ideal spot, but its better than driving 2 hours to the sounds of my kids whining and then sleeping. Anyway…we probably saw 15-20 in the 45 mins or so we were out there. the storms over PA were still west of scranton at the time, but the lightning was enough to pulse through the sky constantly. First time i can recall seeing it that bright and that frequent from storms over 80 miles away. Was cooler to watch than the meteors.

Hoping to enjoy some off shore storms from the deck of the house, we usually get to do this at least one night down there. 

• Like 1

Dry cold front down here. Was hoping for a shower. Garden is pumping down here. Zucchini/squash/pole beans. I planted tomatoes late, so I’m about a week out. 

Also the lantern flies are at plague level. Last year they set up shop, this year they are into the black walnut. I’m going to start using sticky traps and mount them to trees. 

• Sad 1

On 8/13/2021 at 3:23 PM, BxEngine said:

you didnt see the meteors that change color as they come down?  I love seeing lightning in one part of the sky and meteors in a different part of the sky, thats quite the sight!  One year I even saw meteors through a thin fog on top of a mountain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

The heat over the weekend seems to have kicked things into high gear here. Tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, beans and melons are going crazy. The herbs that haven't gone to flower are very happy and the flowers are incredible all over the yard. Once I got some water into stuff they all got happy. :)

Good afternoon gl. I did the same and even my meager growing attempts in the Postage Stamp went through a renaissance of virility. “Wow” I’m going out there and turn the hose on myself. As always ….

• Haha 3