Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

48 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Stayed dry again yesterday, hoping for some wetness today. Not too much but a half inch or so would be nice and not all at once please. Thanx.

Two of the stations on my hill went over 100 yesterday. One has the station on the roof though so unless it's even when its covered with snow it's always wrong, the other is well placed and it hit 101 with the others all at 98 or 99. I saw 100 or higher in a few spots on the dash yesterday too.

FYP B)

93/70 was yesterdays split with .02 before dawn and .28" in the evening.  72/70 currently

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think you can pretty much assume that most PWS temps are several ticks too high with the sun as strong as it is this time of year, unless the owner has invested in an upgraded radiation shield... which I certainly have not. Rob's 93 seems reasonable, even a little lower than I'd expect, but I'm pretty sure I never actually got to 97 here. Same for any renegade 100+ readings in the area.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I think you can pretty much assume that most PWS temps are several ticks too high with the sun as strong as it is this time of year, unless the owner has invested in an upgraded radiation shield... which I certainly have not. Rob's 93 seems reasonable, even a little lower than I'd expect, but I'm pretty sure I never actually got to 97 here. Same for any renegade 100+ readings in the area.

Throw car readings into that mix too.  I know my car thermometer runs 2-3 warm, not to mention any car will likely run high due to the ashplant its probably driving on but I digress.  My station is not perfectly sighted due to hills, trees and the swampy area.  I know my dews run probably even higher than your typical PWS due to the wetlands within 10 feet of it but you do the best you can.  I do have a FARS though, which helps, my old Vantage Vue definitely ran high temps at times when the sun the was out.  

• Like 1

Most cars from the last 20 years are really close but I'm good with a +/-2* variance. In most of mine over that time they've barely been off if the car is moving fast enough to have some airflow behind the bumper cover or grill where they're usually located. 

I was hoping for some rain today but I'm starting to wonder if it's even going to happen. Enough so that I'm on the way outside to water the garden.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

.13” here in the last 24 hours. 67/66 here now. 

.36" here since we switched from convection to stratiform. A wet start to the month imby.

I know people are encouraged by the prospect of a drying trend on Sunday, but eh... days of sogginess sort of kills the vibe for me even if it's technically not raining anymore while manning the grill on the 4th.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BxEngine said:

With the exception of a few evening storms, ive barely seen a cloud out here. Obviously not good for fire season. 

479A4624-F292-4365-874D-DB928380E5EE.jpeg

You should have seen that spot 30 years ago when the glacier was a couple hundred feet thick in that bowl and spilled over the cliff down the gully above the waterfall. It was spectacular. The peak in the right background was completely covered with no rocks showing at all right down to treeline except for southerly spines in late summer where the rocks would show through. The difference is staggering to me :( I'm glad I saw it back when...

Kind of a nice day today. Not so great for outdoor stuff but in the same way it kind of was because it's so cool out. Ehh, saving on the AC so I'll take it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gravitylover said:

You should have seen that spot 30 years ago when the glacier was a couple hundred feet thick in that bowl and spilled over the cliff down the gully above the waterfall. It was spectacular. The peak in the right background was completely covered with no rocks showing at all right down to treeline except for southerly spines in late summer where the rocks would show through. The difference is staggering to me :( I'm glad I saw it back when...

Kind of a nice day today. Not so great for outdoor stuff but in the same way it kind of was because it's so cool out. Ehh, saving on the AC so I'll take it.

In a few decades they'll have to rename that park to Puddle National Park.