• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

.39 definitely not severe but some heavy rain and a good light show. I was outside as the front approached and I guess due to the storms they altered things and I was right in the flight path for HPN. It was like a train of planes about a minute apart all screaming in, under power, and diving into the clouds with lightning all around. It was pretty cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

A delightful 46 for the low this morning, 52 now. 

Good morning, Irish. It is refreshing out, even though my UHI/meso/cl wrapped postage stamp may not be able to match your last week of June low temperature until the last week of October, (maybe). As always …..

On 6/22/2021 at 12:15 PM, Juliancolton said:

There were a few decent sized branches down on roadways in the Rhinebeck area early this am. Nothing that screams severe but some poor schmuck somewhere definitely had his tomato plants blown down. :(

That windstorm in September last year took out my 10 foot tall corn. That sucked. Heavy rain the last few days took down a couple of my lettuce towers because they got top heavy. The lettuce just keeps growing without bolting because it hasn't really warmed up yet. 

Are the gypsy moths bad by you? I saw an aerial shot from Sharon yesterday and it was ugly, like winter stick season ugly.

4 hours ago, gravitylover said:

That windstorm in September last year took out my 10 foot tall corn. That sucked. Heavy rain the last few days took down a couple of my lettuce towers because they got top heavy. The lettuce just keeps growing without bolting because it hasn't really warmed up yet. 

Are the gypsy moths bad by you? I saw an aerial shot from Sharon yesterday and it was ugly, like winter stick season ugly.

Haven't really noticed any infestations around here. They seem to really like CT for whatever reason.

50/49 here at midnight. I do worry a little that the repeated temp swings are going to foster disease issues in the gardens... would be nice to get the baseline warmth up to summer levels.

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Haven't really noticed any infestations around here. They seem to really like CT for whatever reason.

50/49 here at midnight. I do worry a little that the repeated temp swings are going to foster disease issues in the gardens... would be nice to get the baseline warmth up to summer levels.

It’s coming…

46 for the low here again this morning. 

9 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

It’s all what we live for!  Wait, wut?

14 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The moths, the disease, or the warmth? :unsure:

46 here as well. Yesterday was cooler, surprisingly 

Good morning, Irish, Julian. I can personally guarantee two out of the three. I should be at three strikes in a few days. As always ….

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

lower taxes?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

86/75

If it weren't June, I'd probably proclaim this the hottest day of the summer

Good morning Julian. Forky stated that if EWR doesn’t reach 100 during this stretch then the ridge is stupid. That should get the “woke” contingent going. As always ….

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rclab said:

Good morning Julian. Forky stated that if EWR doesn’t reach 100 during this stretch then the ridge is stupid. That should get the “woke” contingent going. As always ….

Newark's temps are almost as useless as central parks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

94F: sit on the couch and swelter

100F: sit on the couch and swelter but this time the temperature has three numbers

Three digit temperature. The Greeks considered three sacred, Irish per Julian, I hope you can sit comfortable with that. As always …..

3 hours ago, FPizz said:

Newark's temps are almost as useless as central parks.

Don't know about Newark, but Central Park is ok for winter temperatures and for precipitation afaik.

NYC CP summer temperatures otoh are really suspect.