Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

53 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Moisture looks very scattered to me until a more distinct shortwave approaches on Friday... and even that's a tenuous signal. I'd expect a pretty dry week for most spots.

93 for the high here, should verify a heat wave without much trouble

I’d bet the under but hope to lose 

FE8E1B0C-E55B-44D9-9754-CC264ED13163.jpeg

11 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Someone will get a downpour on three straight days just by sheer chance and talk about how wet it's been, oblivious to the dust bowl unfolding around them. May the odds be ever in your favor. 

13 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I’d bet the under but hope to lose 

FE8E1B0C-E55B-44D9-9754-CC264ED13163.jpeg

Good morning, Irish, Julian. It seem that ‘Stein’ ware is beginning to spread from the New England Forum. As always ….

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, etudiant said:

Probably needs a refill on refrigerant, if the car is of an earlier date, that will be illegal.

There's really no grandfather clause for that sort of thing? My '88 560SL has lost all climate control, which isn't critical because I only drive it on the best of the best weather days, but I do still have aspirations to get that system working again. Would it just need to be completely retrofitted?

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

There's really no grandfather clause for that sort of thing? My '88 560SL has lost all climate control, which isn't critical because I only drive it on the best of the best weather days, but I do still have aspirations to get that system working again. Would it just need to be completely retrofitted?

Not an expert, but afaik, the law allows one to recycle the offending coolant. So there are shops that have the needed facilities and  refrigerant salvaged.

A 560SL is a splendid car, lucky you. Well worth the trouble of getting it fully shipshape. 

• Thanks 1

^^ Kind of like keeping things working on my 15 year old supercharged Range Rover. So far I've been able to do almost everything it needs and for the most part the parts aren't any more expensive than most others. Chances are I'll never find such a deal on a $90+k vehicle so I'm putting in some effort. It uses R134a so it can be charged if that's the problem. I think there's an actuator valve not opening somewhere and I'm not smart enough to figure out where it is.

This is a nice front blowing through. It's crazy dark N and S of me but bright and almost sunny here. The wind is pretty strong but not a drop has fallen. Temp is down from 97 to 87.

• Like 1

Oh shit, that's what I was watching. To my east it falls off to the Croton River valley so I have a really long view that way. I was watching a line of clouds moving from S to N at a good clip and as it got here a storm popped literally overhead. It moved through already and the thunder is moving northeast as that sea breeze front moves N.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Someone will get a downpour on three straight days just by sheer chance and talk about how wet it's been, oblivious to the dust bowl unfolding around them. May the odds be ever in your favor. 

Just enough to wet the ground but not enough to tip the bucket. 91 for the high.