Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Pollen levels are biblical right now. It's like all the rain just made trees produce twice as much of the stuff.

with all the technology and chemicals we have how come we haven't discovered something that blocks the production of pollen?  this much is a health hazard even if we could only block just 50% of it, that would be great

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

.82 I think. 

Can we please be done with these cold nights. I really don't want to buy 150 gallons of oil right now.

This thought has gone thru my mind, but it’s now well into May and I’ve told the family I will be shutting the heat off beginning this weekend. 

I also thought about possibly going from heat directly to AC, and shudder at the thought. 

9 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I'm just going to grab 5 gallons of diesel, that should be enough to ensure not running out for a week since it really only kicks on a few times a night.

That makes sense.  My heat is still on downstairs but I shut off the upstairs zone weeks ago.  It runs once in the morning and maybe once in the evening, its definitely not like burning through oil in Jan or Feb.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I just keep my space heater on at 80 in my bedroom.  Dont care about the rest of the house.

You must be single and not have any kids. It would cost considerably more in electricity to run space heaters in a couple of bedrooms than to spend $15 on 5 gallons of diesel. 

Well I just had a new experience. I went to let the dog out and do my morning garden walk with a cup of hot coffee and got attacked by a huge turkey. The thing was feasting on my early lettuce crop :thumbsdown: and didn't appreciate my company.

46 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

You must be single and not have any kids. It would cost considerably more in electricity to run space heaters in a couple of bedrooms than to spend $15 on 5 gallons of diesel. 

Well I just had a new experience. I went to let the dog out and do my morning garden walk with a cup of hot coffee and got attacked by a huge turkey. The thing was feasting on my early lettuce crop :thumbsdown: and didn't appreciate my company.

Turkeys are fussy eaters, so compliments on your lettuce.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gravitylover said:

wow hope you're okay....how did you get rid of it?

Or should I say, how did it get rid of you haha

Yes, I live alone and only run it in one room lol.  I only go elsewhere to take  a bath (hot water) or to the kitchen (to heat up some food).  it's all good during the day because I have a lot of sun coming inside which heats up my house very quickly (by 10 am and until 8 pm)