• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

30/14 Wind is variable but mostly out of the NNE between 3-6, sky is clearing enough that you want sunglasses now. Bring on spring!

I don't know, the good sized early snow = A, late December warmup and snow loss = F so C for the early part of the winter. Mostly dry and warmish January = D+ brings the average down to C-. Over the top snowfall for Feb but not terribly cold = B+. Long duration snowpack over 50 days for the season = A+ and above average total snowfall = B+. This gives me an overall B+ so far. One more good storm over 6" would bring that up a bit, 12+ would get it to a solid A- and another 10-14 days of snowcover would make it at least an A. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

25° with 5 inches of snow otg and holding steady.

It will take the midweek warmup to finally put an end to the remaining resilient snowpack. The difference between 5 inches of battle tested, compressed, ice encrusted snow that's been around for five weeks and new fallen snow is light night and day regarding staying power, some get that but many still don't.

This warm up is serious, looks like even Marquette is going to lose all their snow.

Good Sunday morning, March 7, I84 corridor! While a springlike taste of warmth is coming Tue-Fri of this week, am confident enough to begin a subforum thread by 7AM, for the first snow-ice event (14th-15th), of the second half of March. 

Monday night: a short period of probably insignificant spotty sleet-flurries-freezing rain sprinkles.

Sunday the 14th-early Tuesday the 16th I84-Adirondacks-Baltimore: The first widespread wintry event of the last half of March. Some snow or ice is likely, possibly changing to rain, for a large chunk of the northeast USA. Whether it affects the region south of I78 (Baltimore-Philly) with any hazardous wintry elements is in doubt. Details TBD as we approach mid March. 
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, wdrag said:
Good Sunday morning, March 7, I84 corridor! While a springlike taste of warmth is coming Tue-Fri of this week, am confident enough to begin a subforum thread by 7AM, for the first snow-ice event (14th-15th), of the second half of March. 

Monday night: a short period of probably insignificant spotty sleet-flurries-freezing rain sprinkles.

Sunday the 14th-early Tuesday the 16th I84-Adirondacks-Baltimore: The first widespread wintry event of the last half of March. Some snow or ice is likely, possibly changing to rain, for a large chunk of the northeast USA. Whether it affects the region south of I78 (Baltimore-Philly) with any hazardous wintry elements is in doubt. Details TBD as we approach mid March. 

Subject to change of course 

C200550A-7EDD-4ED6-B6D1-B29B78522C18.png

• Like 1

So today or tomorrow morning ought to be the last day for continuous full coverage snowpack (other than the sun blasted areas that are already dry). It has been a pretty good run of 37 days straight. I dunno about those fantasy maps above but it seems to have some potential doesn't it. After this weeks warmth I don't think I'll appreciate it but it would bring the winter to an A grade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

So today or tomorrow morning ought to be the last day for continuous full coverage snowpack (other than the sun blasted areas that are already dry). It has been a pretty good run of 37 days straight. I dunno about those fantasy maps above but it seems to have some potential doesn't it. After this weeks warmth I don't think I'll appreciate it but it would bring the winter to an A grade.

Today marks the 40th straight day with snow cover, I began the streak on January 27th, and 50 days of snowcover for the season.

Right now it's a soild B for the winter. If something big did develop for next Monday and lasted the week we would be in B+, territory in my book. I reserve the A's for the top 15% winters and this is not that IMO. Temps above normal for the season, never got below 0, Christmas Eve debacle, no snow to speak of in January all the things already spoken of here. In the last dozen years 2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14 those were all recent A's, again IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Today marks the 40th straight day with snow cover, I began the streak on January 27th, and 50 days of snowcover for the season.

Right now it's a soild B for the winter. If something big did develop for next Monday and lasted the week we would be in B+, territory in my book. I reserve the A's for the top 15% winters and this is not that IMO. Temps above normal for the season, never got below 0, Christmas Eve debacle, no snow to speak of in January all the things already spoken of here. In the last dozen years 2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14 those were all recent A's, again IMO.

and 2014-15!

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

and 2014-15!

Looking back on 2014/15 I would agree that was also an A.

The only negatives were a lousy December with 1 inch of snow for the whole month but we had 11.4 inches in November and a solid March of snow which offset it. Both January and February were excellent months, no huge storms but lots of 2, 4 and 8 inch stuff and below normal temps all 3 months January through March. Solid snow cover through most of the period. An A for sure.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

59.9F here and the first 60F day since 12/25. For all of this winter's innumerable and frankly appalling faults, no torches between Christmas and basically St. Paddy's is no small feat in our current climate.

Just going through that period with no one other than Ihatesnowman19 calling for a torch, (and he is limited to how many times a day he can say it) or even saying the word torch, was a welcome break from the last two non-winters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Just going through that period with no one other than Ihatesnowman19 calling for a torch, (and he is limited to how many times a day he can say it) or even saying the word torch, was a welcome break from the last two non-winters.

We’ve been snow covered down here continuously since 2/1.  That’s a dang good run.  
hopeful we get a little more fun before it’s over.

3 minutes ago, Hitman said:

We’ve been snow covered down here continuously since 2/1.  That’s a dang good run.  
hopeful we get a little more fun before it’s over.

I’m all for one last dance however which way we can receive it. Not 100% sure I can give a vote of confidence yet but March has done weirder things. One thing for sure, my shovels will not be put away this month 

My backyard is still over 75% covered but only for a few more minutes, the front is torched. For the most part the snow disappeared down here yesterday other than shaded northerly areas but I have a feeling even most of that goes today. My driveway piles that were 6' high are down to about 2' and the one on the sunny side of the driveway is nearly gone. And so it goes... The 60+ temps yesterday felt so good. I could really do without any more winter this year.

31 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Why is my lawn snow free but the fairways at rotella and patriot hills still have snow on them? This is cruel and unusual punishment.

Good morning, Bx and thank you for not saying ‘that’s par for the course’. Of course, I could t resist. As always ......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rclab said:

When I was working, a major celebration took place when ever one of the duffers broke 100. As always .....

My handicap was 2, as in 'factor of'. Breaking 100  was just out of the question. I'd even have paid for the celebration, had the concept been current.

• Haha 1