Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

54 minutes ago, wdrag said:

One impression I have:  This has been a super February for the nw-ne suburbs of NY, especially northwest. Take a good look out the window Tuesday morning and appreciate that this might be as good as it gets this season for deep - cold snowpack that has been around for 3+ weeks.  I know I've enjoyed this very much and had no idea in Nov-Dec, even early January.  

Anyone who gets 20" in a month has experienced a super month for snow.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, WarrenCtyWx said:

Incredible February. This has almost become a top tier winter.

It's been a great February but still not quite on the level of February 2014. That was a little colder with a bit more snow imby, 41.7  inches vs  40.7 inches this February. NYC had 29 inches then in the Park vs 26 inches so far this February, and in the time remaining it doesn't quite look like February 2021 will surpass it. Although imby I might.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

It's been a great February but still not quite on the level of February 2014. That was a little colder with a bit more snow imby, 41.7  inches vs  40.7 inches this February. NYC had 29 inches then in the Park vs 26 inches so far this February, and in the time remaining it doesn't quite look like February 2021 will surpass it. Although imby I might.

True. That was also a much colder winter with a bit more snow in January.

8 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I like the whole grading winter thing.  I have standards for NYC in how I grade winters:

50" of snow + 20 inch snowstorm  A+ winter

50" of snow without that   A winter

40" of snow   B+ winter

30" of snow  B winter

25-30" of snow  C+ winter

20-25" of snow C winter

10-20" of snow D winter

under 10" of snow F winter

I dont do "D+" or "F+" because you cant put lipstick on a pig (well you can but it doesn't look any better.)

I dont do (-) grades for any letter because that's like a backhanded compliment.

• Like 1

Just took a ride to the Chester shoprite; just epic piles of snow. 2014 is a great comparison for how much is on the ground currently. 
2001/02 and 2007/8 winters in Albany were the most I’ve lived through. 105-110” those winters. But for NJ, this February has been incredible. 

They moved snow out of the Florham Park Trader Joe’s parking lot in the past week (before the last two storms, including today) to help with space and visibility.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snywx said:

3.4" here

34.6" for the month of Feb

55.0" ytd

3.4 here too, 17 inches otg, 40.7 inches for the month and 58.7 for the season.

It's the most snow I've had in this short a stretch since March 2018 when imby I had 49.6 inches between March 2 and April 2. This of course is better because the snow pack has not had to deal with the March and early April sun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EpicHECS said:

That's a convenient way of putting up an argument without having to actually do the work. Well played. No wonder I so often find myself impatient with the flow of traffic around me here, locally. 

Do you actually think he means the snow melted down to .33"?  That's the LE dude.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, snywx said:

Who was he before ?

Not 100% sure because with mobile logins and vpns its impossible, but banned posters always go back to their old way of posting and dont hide it well, so its usually evident eventually. (Isnt that sick, guys will go through all that trouble to come back and post more nonsense, instead of just not posting silly shit/not being a douche in the first place?).

• Like 9

Not 100% sure because with mobile logins and vpns its impossible, but banned posters always go back to their old way of posting and dont hide it well, so its usually evident eventually. (Isnt that sick, guys will go through all that trouble to come back and post more nonsense, instead of just not posting silly shit/not being a douche in the first place?).

Of all things to argue with other people about... something neither of us have any control over.

497fe02c93954b213dbdb3ffb4bd66d5.gif

• Like 2

I’m at work, checked my cam and it’s snowing like hell back home. I’d say a good half inch to inch so far. Bing NWS issued a special weather statement, for 1 to 3 inches through early afternoon. What a month this Feb has been, just unreal. Today should put me over 90.0” inches for the season.  I’m honestly ready for spring at this point lol.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Epic will reappear as yet another sock, but for now hes gone. 

He was a loose cannon to put it kindly and I applaud his exile, but he did call out Rob for under measuring, snow melting before he measures, and inebriated measuring.

If the allegations are true Rob had us fooled all these years, I feel betrayed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, wdrag said:

Agreed, especially LI.  Our 39.8 isn't too bad. And we're getting some more Tuesday... should be 0.2-1.0". 

February has been very kind to the north shore of Suffolk (excluding yesterday, but I'm not complaining).  My total for the month of February is 33.0" , season is 41.9". 

It looked like a little white rain tried to mix in here with today's showers, but you had to look really hard.  Temperature did manage to drop from 47 late morning to 38 during the rain.

ISP (10 miles to my SE) has  24.9" of snow for February and 33.5" for the year.  The north shore / south shore disparity in western Suffolk County has been greater than in recent years this winter.

The benchmark year for that sort of disparity remains 1993 - 1994.  I don't have pesonal stats for that winter, but the north shore was close to 60", Upton/OKX recorded 55" and and ISP only had 33" for the season.  I was living on the south shore and commuting to the north shore and it was very noticeable on a daily basis.

Smithtown:

http://www.northshorewx.com/ClimateData/SmithtownDailySnowfall.pdf

ISP:

http://www.northshorewx.com/ClimateData/IslipDailySnowfall.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

He was a loose cannon to put it kindly and I applaud his exile, but he did call out Rob for under measuring, snow melting before he measures, and inebriated measuring.

If the allegations are true Rob had us fooled all these years, I feel betrayed.

LOL. I may or may not have posted under the influence on occasion here...but yesterday wasn't one of those times as measuring snow is serious bidness!  That said, I probably do you have fooled as I'm dumber than I sound with my posts. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Just a wee slushy coating on leaves and existing snow today but that makes it something like 17 or 18 days with snow this month. My p&c says sunny for the next 3 days, I don't believe it. Nope.

Rob + PUI = Color me surprised

Slushy coating today here as well. Yesterday was a total of 2.4”. Snow had a real high water content.

18 hours ago, BxEngine said:

he has an easily diagnosable psychological disorder

OCWxBDD

Obnoxious Compulsive Weather Board Disrupting Disorder