Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Not the first time you have no idea  but I digress, lost a half inch last night to settling, 14” at the stake. 

Not the first time you lost 1/2” but i digress

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yes but I forget who right now. 

Too easy....

• Haha 6

Man that sunset during a super heavy snow shower was sublime. So colorful and so subdued with the most wonderful diffuse lighting I've experienced in years. The colors were being bounced and diverted and scattered and sparkled and... OMG it was fantastic. I would have missed it if I wasn't out there doing my best for my wife who's broken and scared and melting down because that's what we sign up for. I got the whole line shoveled out, all 120 feet of it, from the back door to the street so I can get my truck up the hill to save the agony of getting her down the stairs and icy driveway. My fkn back and shoulders are already stiff, sore and hurtin' but I got 'er done and my watch only alerted me to dangerously high heart rates a few times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Man that sunset during a super heavy snow shower was sublime. So colorful and so subdued with the most wonderful diffuse lighting I've experienced in years. The colors were being bounced and diverted and scattered and sparkled and... OMG it was fantastic. I would have missed it if I wasn't out there doing my best for my wife who's broken and scared and melting down because that's what we sign up for. I got the whole line shoveled out, all 120 feet of it, from the back door to the street so I can get my truck up the hill to save the agony of getting her down the stairs and icy driveway. My fkn back and shoulders are already stiff, sore and hurtin' but I got 'er done and my watch only alerted me to dangerously high heart rates a few times.

hopefully the pink snow is signs of better times ahead for you and your wife my friend.  I've only seen pink snow twice (once at sunrise in Jan 2004 and once at sunset in Feb 2009).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I have a field stone path from the front door to the back of the house where there is an outside entrance to the basement. So there is a good amount of grass exposed because I keep it shoveled...this path shall be named “Deer Shit Way” until further notice...

I’m sure they really appreciate it. :gun_bandana:

4327F0D7-E876-4D7F-AD35-19D01DA2C2EB.webp

30 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Low of 5 here at 6:44am but already shot up to 25 in bright sunshine. 

Good morning Irish. 5 degrees, I guess that’s snow radiational cooling at its best, 20 degrees higher in a little oven two hours well it’s probably.... I’m not going to say it ...not going to....not going to..,ah @#@# it .,,, Sun angle effect. As always ....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Irish. 5 degrees, I guess that’s snow radiational cooling at its best, 20 degrees higher in a little oven two hours well it’s probably.... I’m not going to say it ...not going to....not going to..,ah @#@# it .,,, Sun angle effect. As always ....

Good morning. The increased sun angle is quite apparent at this point, which is much appreciated on my ice/ snow coated stone driveway but the mud season is right around the corner on the driveway as well...

• Like 3