Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

13 hours ago, gravitylover said:

No the roads get worse as you come south. Even Rt 6 is snow-covered now. 

I'm still getting frozen precip, sometimes it's falling sideways which is fun. I have over an inch since it restarted but it has been a variety of precip types ranging from freezing mist to fat flakes doing the snowglobe thing. 

Roads were fine all the way to work. They were actually a bit worse this morning as I neared 84 and heavy snow began falling. Got a couple of inches to snow blow now. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, EpicHECS said:

snywx and I are both right around the corner from you. I haven't had 24 hrs of micro-granules. I actually remarked at just how large the flakes were a little while ago. 

I agree that this is an overall weak system but fact is that in the end: This is still a 3-6" event. 

Yes- i have also seen the larger flakes today.  Was referring to all day yesterday until around midnite.  All I saw was granules for many hrs-- ok, not 24, but we waited a longer time for flakes than most in the forum

I think I'm the odd one out in not particularly caring for this system (when you've had 3" in an hour just weeks prior, that same amount in 30 hours does not impress). Anything's better though than the rainier that models were showing up until maybe 4 or 5 days ago.

Looks like a pretty epic weekend for getting outside with bright sunshine and highs around 30.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blizzwalker said:

Nice to get snow with actual Dendrites attached here in Middletown.  Was getting tired of 24 hrs of micro-granules

I'm just short of 27 hours of non stop precip now. Those micro granules as you called them fell for 13-14 hours straight and made for one of the toughest to shovel substances I've seen in a while. It was like it was bonded to the surface underneath and packed in so tight it peeled off in layers rather than breaking up and lifting off. It's windy now and snowing sideways as often as down, spots that people managed to shovel down to pavement are staying clear and even melting off somewhat, cars that were brushed off are melting off too but it's snowing hard enough that it's accumulating on pretty much everything else. We are definitely to the point in the year the solar insolation matters. It's just popping above 32* here now so the accumulating part is probably done.

32/28/NE2/SN-

• Like 1

It ought to be over here pretty soon now. Nice storm.

I'd take another couple just like it but not for another 9 days. I gotta get this new driveway dug in up the front lawn because I need to move my wife around a few times next week before the surgery then get her back into the house Friday evening after it's over before her pain meds wear off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I think I'm the odd one out in not particularly caring for this system (when you've had 3" in an hour just weeks prior, that same amount in 30 hours does not impress). Anything's better though than the rainier that models were showing up until maybe 4 or 5 days ago.

Looks like a pretty epic weekend for getting outside with bright sunshine and highs around 30.

yes cant wait for the sun!  the snow has been awesome but a few days of sunshine and a break would be nice