Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

On 2/15/2021 at 8:52 PM, gravitylover said:

Thanks. It's broken :( Now I desperately need a snowblower first thing in the morning. I can't get her down the 14 steps to downstairs and then down the ice sheet driveway so I need to dig a line 100 feet up the front lawn so I can get the truck up to the house. @SNOW or @DRVTS do you have a blower I can borrow for an hour?

Just seeing this now, don't think you tagged me right :)

Sorry, I still do it the old fashioned way, it's the only way I can justify the 3 (8...) beers later on...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Allergy season is any time a plant somewhere is reproducing, so March to November, inclusive. I've had measurable snow in April 5 out of the last 7 years and my allergies are still brutal all season. I think you'd need an extended deep freeze to really dampen pollen counts, but who wants to see everyone lose their fruit crops for the year?

Good morning, Julien. Plants should have fun also. I’ll gladly deal with the Kieenex. As always ....

• Haha 1

One of those surprising years that Morristown gets hit hard repeatedly. Snowing again and again here. Over 40” now for the month. Bonkers stuff. My eleven year old stuff would have gone out of his mind. This is the closest I’ve seen to a 1994 redux here, sans the coldest air, which this time was in Texas.

I’m ready for Spring.

41 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

A snooze fest atm, hoping this picks up in the next hour or two.

light snow 22.1°

The hi-res NAM still gets around half an inch of liquid into your area, despite the shift SE at 12z. Hopefully it's correct.

Not expecting much up here. It'll be a tall order to get more than 3" or so without any help from this first wave.

38 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning, Julien. Plants should have fun also. I’ll gladly deal with the Kieenex. As always ....

Join the parthenocarpic revolution!

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

The hi-res NAM still gets around half an inch of liquid into your area, despite the shift SE at 12z. Hopefully it's correct.

Not expecting much up here. It'll be a tall order to get more than 3" or so without any help from this first wave.

Join the parthenocarpic revolution!

Looks like it's pretty much over for wave 1 here.

I'm going to call it at 1.5 inches and try to pretend that this never happened and lick my wounds and move on.

52 inches for the season now and 13.5 inches otg so I can't bitch too much.

18 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Looks like it's pretty much over for wave 1 here.

I'm going to call it at 1.5 inches and try to pretend that this never happened and lick my wounds and move on.

52 inches for the season now and 13.5 inches otg so I can't bitch too much.

Is radar filling in for round 2 over PA?

14 minutes ago, DRVTS said:

Is radar filling in for round 2 over PA?

"Round 2" itself has two or three minor upper-level impulses that will trigger light snow in dribs and drabs over the next 18-24 hours. The next little period of activity is taking shape as you noted. Best chance to reach the low ends of forecast ranges will be in the wee hours tomorrow morning, maybe midnight to 5 am, with a little vortmax swinging through. Even then, the mesoscale guidance points to rates under a quarter inch per hour.

Hey @IrishRob17, how do we feel about "weaksauce"?

93a2E9h.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

"Round 2" itself has two or three minor upper-level impulses that will trigger light snow in dribs and drabs over the next 18-24 hours. The next little period of activity is taking shape as you noted. Best chance to reach the low ends of forecast ranges will be in the wee hours tomorrow morning, maybe midnight to 5 am, with a little vortmax swinging through. Even then, the mesoscale guidance points to rates under a quarter inch per hour.

Hey @IrishRob17, how do we feel about "weaksauce"?

93a2E9h.png

Weak sauce is an actual thing so it’s much preferred over that other phrase.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, White Gorilla said:

What a freaking dud so far here.  A dusting that is all gone on pavement 

Probably managed and inch and half here. Gotta go to work tonight so I am not too disapointed at this point. I was dreading driving an hour into the city through 8" of snow, roads should be pretty decent for my commute tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wishcast_hater said:

Probably managed and inch and half here. Gotta go to work tonight so I am not too disapointed at this point. I was dreading driving an hour into the city through 8" of snow, roads should be pretty decent for my commute tonight.

No the roads get worse as you come south. Even Rt 6 is snow-covered now. 

I'm still getting frozen precip, sometimes it's falling sideways which is fun. I have over an inch since it restarted but it has been a variety of precip types ranging from freezing mist to fat flakes doing the snowglobe thing. 

Radar says it's not happening but it is. This is the most persistent light accumulating snow in a while. It just keeps falling. Tiny flakes leaving a super dense coating, it's literally scraping it off the ground to move it. The first few inches early today were beautiful, then a spot of sun with moderate large flake snow, then a crunch layer laid down for a couple of hours and now it's been this stuff for almost 3 hours. I'd call it over 3" total accumulation, while I was expecting more like 6-7 this surely isn't disappointing due to the variety of precip types and duration of non stop precip. I'm passing 12 hours non stop which is always cool.

10 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Looks like that activity I mentioned is mostly setting up shop well to the north. Probably not gonna be very exciting for most here.