• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

Highland Mills in Orange County 1.8 inches and the snow has become light flurries. Temperature 20.3°.

Most models had it snowing here until early afternoon with about 4 inches expected.

Oh well seasonal total now 48.8 inches which is right near the seasonal average.

IT looks like the train of storms for the next week may have fallen off the tracks into a deep canyon. I'm not sure anyone survived.

Final lazy flakes are floating down now. Final is 3.5-4 so spot on what Upton had me at. I'm still a few inches shy of average for the season but I don't keep formal records or do the most accurate and proper measuring so, yeah. I stuck a yardstick in the ground in a bunch of spots and got between 12-15" so not too bad considering how windy the big storm was and how thin things were right after it and with head high driveway banks it really looks like deep winter. 

I just checked the P&C and it looks like Thursday is off the table and the weekend is just low chance. What do we think about that?

Storm total snowfall for my location  in the Poconos for today was 4.0”. Today’s event, brings a season total to 78.0” imby. The craziest part about all of this is, 40.0” inches of that has come from the past 7 to 10 days! It’s amazing how one storm/pattern can change everything. Average snow here in the Poconos  ranges from under 50.0” below 1k, to around 50.0” to 60.0” for elevations 1,000 to 1,500 feet. At and above 2k averages 60.0” to 70.0” depending on location. This is the first above average snowfall in years! Last year I believe I received 25.0” lol! It’s all bonus snow from here on out. 

Photo is Binghamton NWS CWA snowfall amounts for today’s event. A general 4 to 6 inches fell,  models nailed this event for Nepa. 

EF90A12C-FA3C-4869-8B82-A85DF6C5E175.png

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Storm total snowfall for my location  in the Poconos for today was 4.0”. Today’s event, brings a season total to 78.0” imby. The craziest part about all of this is, 40.0” inches of that has come from the past 7 to 10 days! It’s amazing how one storm/pattern can change everything. Average snow here in the Poconos  ranges from under 50.0” below 1k, to around 50.0” to 60.0” for elevations 1,000 to 1,500 feet. At and above 2k averages 60.0” to 70.0” depending on location. This is the first above average snowfall in years! Last year I believe I received 25.0” lol! It’s all bonus snow from here on out. 

Photo is Binghamton NWS CWA snowfall amounts for today’s event. A general 4 to 6 inches fell,  models nailed this event for Nepa. 

EF90A12C-FA3C-4869-8B82-A85DF6C5E175.png

Hey neighbor, got one for my area?  Looks like around 5" in the Hazelton area- I'm just east of that as you know.

One storm can change a pattern- remember Boxing Day 2010?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

No snowfall obs? You guys are getting ungrateful. smh

0.3" here

1”. I put it into the reg thread so the people who claimed id see nothing, or that i somehow dont count as the metro area, could see i still will end up with more than them.

• Like 3

Added to this thread (a copy of my private FB post earlier this morning) as a hold for the main threads. Focuses on the I84 corridor.  

Good Friday morning everyone - Feb 12! Lots of wintry elements coming from Baltimore to the Canadian border late Saturday the 13th-Friday the 19th.

Then after Friday the 19th, it warms up a bit and this spate of frequent ice and snow events should relax to the more normal 3-4 day separation.

I84 corridor sometime late Saturday -Vaelntines Day: periods of light snow, sleet and maybe even freezing rain.  Minor but because of ice, it may be advised?

Late Monday the 15th-Tue the 16th: a significant advisable-warnable extensive ice event coming. Could turn into snow for the I84 corridor? Modeling all over the place for this. Recently thought 6+ there but have to back down because off possible warming aloft?  I just don't know. 

Thursday the 18th into Friday the 19th: A potentially warnable dangerous ice event coming to the I84 corridor. May even be warm enough for rain to eventually get involved for a short time, but this could end as snow later Friday the 19th.

NWS ensemble graphics. Best chance of icing 7AM Saturday-7AM Sunday (see I-95 Baltimore area toward NYC), then the best chance of icing Valentines Sunday itself which is close to LI; finally the chance of 3+" of snow on the 16th, also the 18th = both with highest chance I84 northward. Just use the legend for the chance. 

149804029_3338671572904834_1922952347308

148635166_3338671889571469_2789752374307

149038158_3338672069571451_5392567453676

148516304_3338672076238117_6492983781314

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4° and 18 inches of snow otg, paradise.

I can't visit the other NYC forums anymore. I believe Julian alluded to something similar in the last few days. The things I read there it's like being on another planet. They've never seen snow like this, they've never seen snow otg this long before, they've never seen an ice storm, they've never experienced sub zero cold. Where do some of these people live, has the NYC forum extended down to the Carolinas? I know the NJ Coastal plain and NYC is a different climate than the HV,  NWNJ and interior CT but it seems over the top to me. Just one mans opinion.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I can't visit the other NYC forums anymore. I believe Julian alluded to something similar in the last few days. The things I read there it's like being on another planet. They've never seen snow like this, they've never seen snow otg this long before, they've never seen an ice storm, they've never experienced sub zero cold. Where do some of these people live, has the NYC forum extended down to the Carolinas? I know the NJ Coastal plain and NYC is a different climate than the HV,  NWNJ and interior CT but it seems over the top to me. Just one mans opinion.

Quite understandable CP. It’s almost as if my UHI blessed postage stamp was a major long term tourist destination site. The 007 Reaper also has his long stick hands full in the Mid Atlantic. As always ....

• Haha 2

I spent two hours yesterday moving deep snowbanks away from the house preparing for the incoming ice and wetness. I still have at least 4-5 more hours of the same. I'm sore but it feels good to be outside working hard. This covid thing and not being out working and doing stuff is wearing on me. I do what work I can do sitting at my desk, sometimes walking around the living room while on the phone, that's not sufficient movement and I'm going stir crazy enough to be truly enjoying shoveling snow. That's fkd up. I also shaved the driveway banks yesterday to make them look better haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wdrag said:
Added to this thread (a copy of my private FB post earlier this morning) as a hold for the main threads. Focuses on the I84 corridor.  

Good Friday morning everyone - Feb 12! Lots of wintry elements coming from Baltimore to the Canadian border late Saturday the 13th-Friday the 19th.

Then after Friday the 19th, it warms up a bit and this spate of frequent ice and snow events should relax to the more normal 3-4 day separation.

I84 corridor sometime late Saturday -Vaelntines Day: periods of light snow, sleet and maybe even freezing rain.  Minor but because of ice, it may be advised?

Late Monday the 15th-Tue the 16th: a significant advisable-warnable extensive ice event coming. Could turn into snow for the I84 corridor? Modeling all over the place for this. Recently thought 6+ there but have to back down because off possible warming aloft?  I just don't know. 

Thursday the 18th into Friday the 19th: A potentially warnable dangerous ice event coming to the I84 corridor. May even be warm enough for rain to eventually get involved for a short time, but this could end as snow later Friday the 19th.

NWS ensemble graphics. Best chance of icing 7AM Saturday-7AM Sunday (see I-95 Baltimore area toward NYC), then the best chance of icing Valentines Sunday itself which is close to LI; finally the chance of 3+" of snow on the 16th, also the 18th = both with highest chance I84 northward. Just use the legend for the chance. 

149804029_3338671572904834_1922952347308

148635166_3338671889571469_2789752374307

149038158_3338672069571451_5392567453676

148516304_3338672076238117_6492983781314

Really appreciate your analysis and input Walt.  It is so valued! 

Getting a very sleety feeling for most of us up here around the 84 corridor, snowpack preservation material.  Hoping we can cash in on several inches of snow like the UKmet 12Z shows.  Really want to avoid ZR.  12z guidance is all over the place still, but a wintry mix more than snow seems highly probable. 

53 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Really appreciate your analysis and input Walt.  It is so valued! 

Getting a very sleety feeling for most of us up here around the 84 corridor, snowpack preservation material.  Hoping we can cash in on several inches of snow like the UKmet 12Z shows.  Really want to avoid ZR.  12z guidance is all over the place still, but a wintry mix more than snow seems highly probable. 

Agreed... and thank you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I spent two hours yesterday moving deep snowbanks away from the house preparing for the incoming ice and wetness. I still have at least 4-5 more hours of the same. I'm sore but it feels good to be outside working hard. This covid thing and not being out working and doing stuff is wearing on me. I do what work I can do sitting at my desk, sometimes walking around the living room while on the phone, that's not sufficient movement and I'm going stir crazy enough to be truly enjoying shoveling snow. That's fkd up. I also shaved the driveway banks yesterday to make them look better haha

I need to get a trailer for my Kubota. We could relocate your snowbanks quicker than a weenie cancels winter after a mild GFS run

• Haha 2

You guys are all much further north than I am, but I agree with you 100%. Granted, the city and the shore have different climates than inland areas, but man, we have had a lot of snow and cold the past 25+ years that people conveniently forget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1