Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

6 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Some sad news to report, some of you old timers may recall a poster, Tjay, from Goshen, NY. He lost his wife this week. He hasn’t been active on this board in many years but did some solid reporting on the Goshen tornado in 2011 and was a regular on the Eastern board back in the day as well as Weenietown, a couple of you may recall those days.  I think his screen back then was Larry or something like that but his avatar was Larry David. I met him in person back in the day at Advanced Skywarn Training at the Orange County Emergency Services building, super nice guy.  He shared this sad news on social media so I figured it would be ok to mention it here for anyone who wants to include him in their thoughts. 

So sad to hear, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.  I remember him from way back on the eastern board.  

57 minutes ago, Northwest NJ said:

James, that is a great picture.  Is that the Hideout community?  I haven't been active in this forum this year but didn't you used to live by Route 739 and Log Tavern Road in Dingman's Township?

Good afternoon! No, this photo is located in Pocono Springs, off of 196 on the northern end of the Pocono plateau. I’m  roughly 20 min south of the hideout area. Yes, I use to live in the Dingmans Ferry/Milford area. I moved out here further west, about 3 to 4 years ago for an employment opportunity. Let me tell you though ; what a difference in snowfall vs. down in Milford/Dingmans. Especially out here above 2k on the plateau.  You seem to know a lot about the Pike and Wayne county area? I don’t recall, did you live or have a residence out this way?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Good afternoon! No, this photo is located in Pocono Springs, off of 196 on the northern end of the Pocono plateau. I’m  roughly 20 min south of the hideout area. Yes, I use to live in the Dingmans Ferry/Milford area. I moved out here further west, about 3 to 4 years ago for an employment opportunity. Let me tell you though ; what a difference in snowfall vs. down in Milford/Dingmans. Especially out here above 2k on the plateau.  You seem to know a lot about the Pike and Wayne county area? I don’t recall, did you live or have a residence out this way?

I was out in your area today.. You guys have atleast a good foot or more on the ground than we do here lol. It was very noticeable

41 minutes ago, snywx said:

I was out in your area today.. You guys have atleast a good foot or more on the ground than we do here lol. It was very noticeable

Where were you? Yeah, and if you were above 2 thousand feet, you would notice it even more lol. I just got home from work and they are still clearing some roads in my development. Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NepaJames8602 said:

I live about 30 minutes from Milford and visit there often especially in the summer/fall.  One of my good friends owned houses in both Gold Key Lake and Hemlock Farms so I  spent many Saturdays in Pike County.  I also love eating on Lake  Wallenpaupack and i think the town of Honesdale in Wayne  County could be an up and coming town.  When I was there in late 2017 I noticed the downtown area had a bunch of new businesses.  I think Milford, Hawley and Honesdale have gotten an influx of people from NYC since the start of the Pandemic and real estate prices have been surging in the area.  I live a community called Crystal Springs in Hardyston, NJ and I think the whole area is stunningly beautiful.  I work in Queens , NY so I  still keep an apartment there but I find I spend about 60% of my time in NW NJ now since  I can work remotely several days a week.

12 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Some sad news to report, some of you old timers may recall a poster, Tjay, from Goshen, NY. He lost his wife this week. He hasn’t been active on this board in many years but did some solid reporting on the Goshen tornado in 2011 and was a regular on the Eastern board back in the day as well as Weenietown, a couple of you may recall those days.  I think his screen back then was Larry or something like that but his avatar was Larry David. I met him in person back in the day at Advanced Skywarn Training at the Orange County Emergency Services building, super nice guy.  He shared this sad news on social media so I figured it would be ok to mention it here for anyone who wants to include him in their thoughts. 

So sad.  :(

46 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, not the best showing over the interior, 0.7" here. The gap between the nor'easter and incoming trough never filled in like I expected.

I think we're at the point in the winter where 40 and sunny would be preferable to a sisyphean inch of snow over the course of 8 hours.

Yup.  I want to move on from this as quickly as possible.  Won't even reach an inch here.  Bust. 

Just now, White Gorilla said:

Yup.  I want to move on from this as quickly as possible.  Won't even reach an inch here.  Bust. 

I guess this hearkens back to the perennial debate about what constitutes a bust. We knew this was a light storm with most forecasts hovering around 2-4", and Albany's 90th-percentile totals below 1". IMO a true bust has to transcend categories of significance... like, you prepare for a major event and get a minor one. Going from minor to even more minor might just be a standard under-performer.

In other words, it's not a true bust unless it's from the Büst region of France, otherwise it's just sparkling disappointment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I guess this hearkens back to the perennial debate about what constitutes a bust. We knew this was a light storm with most forecasts hovering around 2-4", and Albany's 90th-percentile totals below 1". IMO a true bust has to transcend categories of significance... like, you prepare for a major event and get a minor one. Going from minor to even more minor might just be a standard under-performer.

In other words, it's not a true bust unless it's from the Büst region of France, otherwise it's just sparkling disappointment.

I guess I need to choose my disappointment label more carefully and accurately. B).  This was a sincere underperformer. 

More chances for under performance coming the rest of the week.  :D

• Haha 1

Just now, White Gorilla said:

I guess I need to choose my disappointment label more carefully and accurately. B).  This was a sincere underperformer. 

More chances for under performance coming the rest of the week.  :D

Honestly, I'm most disappointed about the arctic blast trending shorter and weaker. Was looking forward to some honest-to-goodness cold.