Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

On 2/2/2021 at 2:01 PM, snywx said:

Steady light snow here.. I took the 10 min drive west over toward Matamoras/Montague area. Jeez! Widespread 30+ otg there. That Montague report from Mount Holly is legit. Crazy to think that I missed that band by about 6 miles or so. About a 10-15" difference

Yup, widespread 30” to 36” inches here in the  northern Poconos. I’m probably around 34 to 36” now for a storm total, hard to measure with all the settling and compacting. And we’ve had additional 3 to 6” inches all morning and continues to snow!!

• Like 1

Just saw on Twitter. 3" of liquid equivalent at Ellenburg Ny. The farther north town in the state of NY. They have been up-sloping off the Northeast wind all day. All the mesos had been showing that area getting crushed today but ~3ft+ is insane. Has to be pretty rare that NYC area and that area get crushed by the same storm. https://twitter.com/NickPBassill/status/1356827452933369857?s=20

• Like 3

Picked up another 0.8 inches last night putting the final tally at 27.9 inches.

My snow depth last night was 24 inches and I received almost an inch overnight. My snow depth this morning was 23 inches. Compression still ongoing.

In a three day storm like this I actually think some people are being too conservative with their storm totals.  IrishRob ringing any bells?

5 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

My snow depth last night was 24 inches and I received almost an inch overnight. My snow depth this morning was 23 inches. Compression still ongoing.

In a three day storm like this I actually think some people are being too conservative with their storm totals.  IrishRob ringing any bells?

What was your depth before the storm started?

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Nice, 15” at the stake this morning, .7” this morning melted down to .03. 

Now that the storm is over, this is the Binghamton NWS Cwa storm total map. I’m the 35” inch total in Southern Wayne county, Pa on the Pocono plateau. Include the two inches from this morning, we received 37 inches of snow since Sunday! Unbelievable storm, and I’ll always remember this one for my area.

6A89C08D-AC86-4AD4-B1E9-5C8485A2A904.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:11 PM, NepaJames8602 said:

Yup, widespread 30” to 36” inches here in the Poconos. I’m probably around 34 to 36” now for a storm total, hard to measure with all the settling and compacting. And we’ve had additional 3 to 6” inches all morning and continues to snow!!

Hey James, will I be able to get in my driveway tomorrow lol?  I'm going to the Poconos for the weekend, around 2,000 ft elevation near Albrightstville and Lake Harmony.  Based on the PNS I saw the totals were between 24-28 inches?  I didn't see anything over 30 inches being reported there.

Just 1 county north of Allentown and halfway between Allentown and Mount Pocono.  I'll be right near Mount Pocono on I-80 and then head a bit south to get there.  And can you post a nice color coded map like the one you posted from I-80 on south to Allentown?  Thanks!

5 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Hey James, will I be able to get in my driveway tomorrow lol?  I'm going to the Poconos for the weekend, around 2,000 ft elevation near Albrightstville and Lake Harmony.  Based on the PNS I saw the totals were between 24-28 inches?  I didn't see anything over 30 inches being reported there.

Just 1 county north of Allentown and halfway between Allentown and Mount Pocono.  I'll be right near Mount Pocono on I-80 and then head a bit south to get there.  And can you post a nice color coded map like the one you posted from I-80 on south to Allentown?  Thanks!

Looks like anyone south and to the southwest  of 380, got substantially less, yes. Still, amounts ranging from 18” to 24” inches it looks! However, this map was posted and valid at 7 am Tuesday, so I’m sure there was additional amounts to tack on as well. May be a bit tough getting into that driveway lol.

39C1B117-D15B-4D4B-B421-ED7B09CA8DC8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Some sad news to report, some of you old timers may recall a poster, Tjay, from Goshen, NY. He lost his wife this week. He hasn’t been active on this board in many years but did some solid reporting on the Goshen tornado in 2011 and was a regular on the Eastern board back in the day as well as Weenietown, a couple of you may recall those days.  I think his screen back then was Larry or something like that but his avatar was Larry David. I met him in person back in the day at Advanced Skywarn Training at the Orange County Emergency Services building, super nice guy.  He shared this sad news on social media so I figured it would be ok to mention it here for anyone who wants to include him in their thoughts. 

• Sad 7

21 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Some sad news to report, some of you old timers may recall a poster, Tjay, from Goshen, NY. He lost his wife this week. He hasn’t been active on this board in many years but did some solid reporting on the Goshen tornado in 2011 and was a regular on the Eastern board back in the day as well as Weenietown, a couple of you may recall those days.  I think his screen back then was Larry or something like that but his avatar was Larry David. I met him in person back in the day at Advanced Skywarn Training at the Orange County Emergency Services building, super nice guy.  He shared this sad news on social media so I figured it would be ok to mention it here for anyone who wants to include him in their thoughts. 

Oh man that’s terrible news. I think we all remember Tjay

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Awful news. I don't believe we've directly interacted much, but I certainly remember reading his posts. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.