Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

Just now, LaGrangewx said:

That’s awesome. I remember the snow growth was poor after the initial band in December. Was a Dense and fine sugar consistency.

Yea, This morning up till about 11:00 or so it was like baking soda. Totally different from about noon on!!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Ripping nicely now waiting for that 2-3 inch /hour band just southeast about to move in.  Skies darkening. Epic stuff. 

It's pretty wonderful, dark and gloomy with absolutely dumping huge flakes and large aggregated pellets. I've been under an insane rip since about 1, went out and spent 90 minutes moving snow and put down nearly 5" while I was out there. The trick is to build a snow wall on the north side of the driveway so the snow off the front yards piles up against it rather than dumping into the driveway. I have some nice drifts around the berm and an almost bare spot in the center of the driveway. Perfect wind direction to keep the truck blown clean too :) 

• Like 1

Just now, gravitylover said:

It's pretty wonderful, dark and gloomy with absolutely dumping huge flakes and large aggregated pellets. I've been under an insane rip since about 1, went out and spent 90 minutes moving snow and put down nearly 5" while I was out there. The trick is to build a snow wall on the north side of the driveway so the snow off the front yards piles up against it rather than dumping into the driveway. I have some nice drifts around the berm and an almost bare spot in the center of the driveway. Perfect wind direction to keep the truck blown clean too :) 

I have spots like that too, blown completely clean. My boards are out in middle of the yard but nothing is immune from the wind today. 

• Like 1