• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

I haven't seen this posted yet. These are some pretty crazy totals west of the river as far as ensemble means go. The HREFs obviously aren't immune to QPF bombs from its members, but a product like this really illustrates just how sky-high the ceiling is for this event. Sadly I think the valley shadowing is real in eastern Dutchess. Maybe I'll end up just on the happy side of that gradient.

M44uYYb.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

@hudsonvalley21 and anyone else interested, I’m working remote this week so I’ll be home for the storm. I have my two snow boards near each other. I’m going to measure and clear one every 6 hours or so, ain’t getting up in the middle of the night for this shit, and I’ll measure and clear once every 24 hours until it’s over on the other board. 

I'm interested as well actually.  Definitely should see inflated totals when you clear the board often.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I haven't seen this posted yet. These are some pretty crazy totals west of the river as far as ensemble means go. The HREFs obviously aren't immune to QPF bombs from its members, but a product like this really illustrates just how sky-high the ceiling is for this event. Sadly I think the valley shadowing is real in eastern Dutchess. Maybe I'll end up just on the happy side of that gradient.

M44uYYb.png

Yeah it looks like it's banking up on the Taconics too, between the valley loss and that I've been skunked a bunch of times. Where it comes back is the extended finish on the northeasterly flow. 

Flurries started a little while ago. I'll be thrilled with a foot but this 20" thought isn't all bad.

14 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

^^ Heheh my dog won't go out, she went to the door all happy and excited and the snow blew in and she turned around and walked away all sad... 

Got a couple of inches so far of light and fluffy goodness. 

My dog wont come inside when its snowing. Shes obsessed. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gravitylover said:

That head shape and brindle coat make it look almost exactly like out Catahoola. They're a breed native to Georgia and the neighboring states. Ours doesn't have quite as much white on her face.

Downslope from the west during the buildup and heart of the storm then sheltered from the east by the Berks as the storm winds up and pulls out. Yup you're hosed buddy :) I'm gonna get blasted from both sides, it's gonna snow till Wednesday here. Bring beer ;) 

Boy that storm was a disaster. Power was out for a week and it was freaking cold :( 

Yea, we think he's got some Catahoola in him, but I think they're with spots, and he has more of a coat. Whatever it may be, it seems like beagle, hound, maybe some setter and Catahoola-ish going on.

1 minute ago, White Gorilla said:

Assuming storm is going according to forecasts? 

FWIW down here, solely from my own anecdotal experience, it has hints of January 2016 and March 6, 2018 to my eye.

Just our normal insane 2000s coastal low that stays all snow and dumps 18”+. ::screams internally::

My shih-tzu used to absolutely love the snow, but she's 18 now and has no patience for it anymore. Begrudgingly goes outside, but never lets the door out of her sight. Silly geezer.

It bodes extremely well for anyone who already has 5-6" before the banding regime even really takes over. You can see radar drying out over the far interior as broad-scale ascent yields to coastal low dynamics, with convection blossoming around the low off the Mid-Atlantic coast. Transverse banding over and off NJ betrays the potent upper jet streak that will continue to drive cyclogenesis.

Only about an inch here so far, the WAA snows were never going to impress up here. Buckle up folks, it's coming.

R5FZRYi.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

As of 7:30am I had 4.3” on both boards but the wind has clearly already had an effect on the snow in the yard as it’s wonderful powder. 

Good morning Irish. After making sure my affairs were in order, I went out to shovel at 7am and did a broken ruler measure on the roof of my 17 year old Tiberon.( 4.5”.) Matches up pretty well with the 7:51 precip totals for CPK from NOAH. As soon as I’m sure all essential body parts are working I’ll probably give it another go early this pm. Be well. Stay safe .... as always ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Irish. After making sure my affairs were in order, I went out to shovel at 7am and did a broken ruler measure on the roof of my 17 year old Tiberon.( 4.5”.) Matches up pretty well with the 7:51 precip totals for CPK from NOAH. As soon as I’m sure all essential body parts are working I’ll probably give it another go early this pm. Be well. Stay safe .... as always ....

Very good and hey...hey...let’s be careful out there. 

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

Very good and hey...hey...let’s be careful out there. 

I will, Irish. At my age if I left this plane holding a shovel it would be fitting. The way the late Gov. Rockefeller left would be preferable but nigh impossible. You be careful also. The most valuable reason for you staying healthy, lives with you. As always ....