Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Was the topic description just changed or did I simply miss it until now? Amusing, regardless

I changed it one day this week, damned if I recall when, like it matters. I change it as we move through the year and try to be whimsical at times but typically fail miserably. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Ya know if it's going to be dry and nice like this it should at least be a bit warmer. 

The only observation I have is that the increasing daylight is now acutely noticeable in the evenings. Sort of belies the dismal reality that we're not even to the middle of January yet. We eager for spring. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The only observation I have is that the increasing daylight is now acutely noticeable in the evenings. Sort of belies the dismal reality that we're not even to the middle of January yet. We eager for spring. 

Gained about 20 minutes on the sunset time since early December 

24 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yes sir, view from my bedroom.  Sure the weather is “boring” in that there is no snow but it was a beautiful sunrise, one has to take it all in and appreciate it. 

I should of included your partner as part of that blessing. A fact that is .... As always ....

• Like 1

"should have" "could have" etc. Not should of and could of. Sorry but that's been all over the interwebs for the last few years and it bugs me.

Cold(ish) and cloudy makes it feel and look like it wants to snow but when you know that's not the case the cold is just annoying. I understand snowbirds more and more as I get older.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

With such fascinating weather recently things like sunrise, sunset and how thick the frost is in the morning have been of prime importance. This morning is the thickest frost yet, so much so that it really looked like it snowed a bit overnight. 

I've been keeping close tabs on the time of day at which the bleak stratus layer overwhelms the fleeting moments of morning sunshine. It was early today, with overcast taking hold by 9 am. Yesterday, the sun held out until after nearly noon. Sunday was nominal: 10:30 or so. (yes, this is a cry for help)

A year ago today we were 68F and sunny.

The overcast set in just a few minutes after sunrise today. It's cold, humid and, well, gross out there. I was hoping for the nice day that had been forecasted to do a bunch of work on the car because it really sux doing that when your hands are so cold it's hard to hold tools and it's too easy to drop small bits because you don't really feel them right. There's an idea for a new business formulating in my head because I figure there are lots of folks like me that want to do their own service work on the cars but don't have the right facility to do it when the weather is less than perfect. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I've been keeping close tabs on the time of day at which the bleak stratus layer overwhelms the fleeting moments of morning sunshine. It was early today, with overcast taking hold by 9 am. Yesterday, the sun held out until after nearly noon. Sunday was nominal: 10:30 or so. (yes, this is a cry for help)

A year ago today we were 68F and sunny.

So this year is better than last and I still have some snow on the ground but this is till no way to run January IMO:

MonthTDeptNRCC.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

So this year is better than last and I still have some snow on the ground but this is till no way to run January IMO:

It's kind of paradoxical. Blocking was strong enough to suppress the storm track into the deep south, with places like Austin seeing once in a generation snows, yet we're still running solidly and consistently AN. We'll be adding to those warm anomalies even more for at least the next week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I still have some snow too and yes, it has been a few degrees above normal but it has been grey and it feels cold. Heckuva way to run a winter. Blah

Evening gentlemen. I was going to offer the Reaper the Postage Stamp as a day trip destination for Panic Room undecideds. I felt, on reflection, that it would be like rubbing salt into an already dry sidewalk. My, finally gone to its reward, tomato plant still echo taunts me with a continuous repetition of  “One and Done”. As always ....