• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Pretty amazing how suppression never really came into play.  It’s snowing up to S NY.  We are to the point where you can maybe get excited about 24-36 hours before a storm.  I had 40 inches of modeled snow last Tuesday on the Euro.  I will end up with about 10% of that.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, caviman2201 said:

Does anyone else make a special meal on snow days? Apologies if this conversation happened already.

My wife is making scratch made beef pho (has been all day) and I'm enjoying Talisker 10 smelling the amazingness

I like to make my wife Italian sausage with white cream gravy on snow days.  She gobbles it up.  But not something she eats often.  Just special occasions like snow days. Normally she eats very little meat.  Snow days are special. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Does anyone else make a special meal on snow days? Apologies if this conversation happened already.

My wife is making scratch made beef pho (has been all day) and I'm enjoying Talisker 10 smelling the amazingness

Back when I was shoveling the big dumps (ie. 2010 and the like) I'd order a whole bunch of food from a local Thai restaurant the day before the fun started.

Shovel.

Serving of Pad See Ew.

Shovel some more.

Spring rolls.

Shovel again.

Goong Tod.

Some more.

Honey roast pork with rice.

Etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Family and friends on Long Island where I grew up texting with 1-2 foot forecasts, gusts to 50. This one stings. It was sampled as our storm 5 days ago. “King euro” terminology should be barred from this forum. It’s a used to be king euro. It has sucked since summer. 

I love your posts..

• Haha 1

Just now, ers-wxman1 said:

I couldn’t get the 6-10 inches generated by NWP for days if you hooked a fire hose up to Ocean City, sucked into the trowal and folded over the trop eight times and aimed it at my house. Remember the RGEM, euro, cmc, ukmet for the trash they put out next time. I won’t invest in another storm in this area until I see the whites of its eyes! 

Spoken like a true professional meteorologist! Take this to banter please. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic