Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

2 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Sucks there's no football today.

I was enjoying the NFL Network last night when they were showing every NFL Films Super Bowl's highlights with the classic John Facenda narrating.  It was awesome.  Until the Stafford trade.  Then they broke in live with breaking news for an hour and replayed that over and over....

I got up to Super Bowl VII.  Ugh.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I'll join you!  A little smoky scotch on a snow day is the best!

I worked a little this morning, did some laundry, and put dinner in the crockpot. Time to sit and enjoy some woodford while the snow falls. Cheers! 

• Like 1

Just now, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

That GFS depth map I posted last night may not be that far off.

It will be right for the wrong reason.  I can’t wait to see precip totals after today but I can’t have had more than 0.2”.  Pretty big miss when most models had more than 0.4”.

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Snow on snow per Euro . Day 7 lookin ripe :snowing:

It's borderline comical at this point. The Euro sees our Miller B woes and throws us a bone with a Miller A all the way out at day 7.. might follow the Bob Chill way and just unsubscribe from WxBell and focus on stuff within 3 days lol. But hey, regardless of what falls today through Tuesday, we had a tracking period where a storm threat never lost its grip from 7 days out and.. we got the storm! Just needed a few things to go right to get more, but with the grass covered it's still looking pristine out there. 

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Thanks @CAPE via @nw baltimore wx Tasty one!! We all should get together for beers one day at my newest brewery in Queenstown. Ten Eyck Brewing. Bob can vouch for the few we tasted yesterday.  Good stuff! 

A9D6ED83-FFE3-4708-BF3E-6AB6F5C9531F.jpeg

That is a weird one. I love my hickory smoked bacon, but not in my stout lol. And it isn't subtle either. Enjoy!

Btw- that description must be from last year's batch. They have clearly changed it up lol. Heavy on the bacon.

Just now, CAPE said:

That is a weird one. I love my hickory smoked bacon, but not in my stout lol. And it isn't subtle either. Enjoy!

For whatever reason, I love that flavor in here. It just works for me. Generally for me though, I would certainly rather have a straight up Rauch beer from Germany for my smokiness.  

• Like 1

Just now, Scraff said:

For whatever reason, I love that flavor in here. It just works for me. Generally for me though, I would certainly rather have a straight up Rauch beer from Germany for my smokiness.  

Yeah I am all about the coffee and dark chocolate notes in my breakfast stout, but not so much the salt and smoke.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Hmmmm....

So today is our January 30, 2010?

I was actually thinking.. although that was a reverse bust, it feels like most of our good patterns this past decade have been ushered in by busted forecasts. Feb 2014 started off with the Jan 21 storm being forecast as a 5-8" storm, but fell short near and around DC. Feb 2015 started off with the Feb 14 storm where most areas were forecast to get 5-10" but a nasty dry slot cut things off.. heck even March 2013, managing to get a near WSW level event in late march is impressive, and of course that month started with Snowquester. Perhaps we need to understand failure to get a taste of success around these parts. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic