Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

45 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I’m going to go to bed tonight, safe in the knowledge that the kids will be outside playing with their friends in the snow by lunchtime, and that everything should be covered by the time they have to come in for dinner. I’ll revel in watching the kids play, and will enjoy the company of the other parents in the neighborhood who will be watching their kids, as well.

No idea what’ll come after the WAA snow, but I begrudgingly accept that it very likely won’t be what I’d like it to be. Then...come Monday afternoon, I’ll refrain from watching the radar as much as possible and will tune out of here until it’s all done.

Then I’ll be back to track whatever fate befalls us in February!

This. We are getting at least 4-6 tomorrow. All of us. Just enjoy it while it falls. 

• Like 1

When I saw this was a MIller B, I knew we had big chances at blowing it. Really hope the front end shows up as advertised because I don't put much faith into the coastal. Feel like we have better odds with the gulf low -> tenn valley -> transfer than the ohio valley -> transfer setups. 

Its obviously a complex setup since models are still all over the place. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This. We are getting at least 4-6 tomorrow. All of us. Just enjoy it while it falls. 

Yeah this is what's best...I think we are going through the acceptance phase of not getting the ccb (I mean I know the possibility isn't completely gone, but I'd rather not look to it anymore). If we focus too much on that we'll miss the 4-6" falling right outside the window. That can still be enjoyed...

• Like 1

That being said...I swear if my yard gets trolled and fails to reach the 5" mark I'm gonna throw something, lol I mean C'MON...warning level criteria: does it have to be that elusive???? Jan. 2019 trolled me with a measure of 4.8"...so no warming criteria. I'd hate to see this one do it too. Now hopefully we'll have some opportunities in February (looks promising), so there is that.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

I think they get in on coastal banding . 

Baltimore/

Rd 1 -- 4-6"

Rd 2 -- 4-6"

Yeah I don't know...if the trend doesn't go any further north with the transfer, then maybe...but if this is something that just trends worse and worse...not sure how we see much of anything from the banding other than an inch or two.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Oh I know. I was there! It was a beautiful farewell ceremony.

You’re one of our VIPs so I just want you to know if you need bottle service or anything give the front desk a ring. 

What kind of beverages do they serve?  Bottles of 33 degree rain?

36 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

When I saw this was a MIller B, I knew we had big chances at blowing it. Really hope the front end shows up as advertised because I don't put much faith into the coastal. Feel like we have better odds with the gulf low -> tenn valley -> transfer than the ohio valley -> transfer setups. 

Its obviously a complex setup since models are still all over the place. 

I take it you’re not out at Deep Creek either?  LWX keeps raising totals (now 12-18” in McHenry) and it’ll more than likely beat the December storm there.  Great winter there...happy for Wisp considering the dismal winter last year and extra operating expenses due to COVID.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic