Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

so i was the victim of a hit and run this evening. the guy behind me was mad because i slowed down at a RR crossing and was driving the speed limit (25 MPH) in town. he deliberately rammed me 3 times and when i pulled over, he drove around me and left.

i am totally unharmed. my car, naso much, but it's minor. my car is a tank so he did a lot of damage to the front of his truck. dumbass.

That's awful!  Glad you are OK, but what an asshat that guy was for the hit and run. Not to mention getting upset because you slowed down at a railroad crossing and were *gasp!* going the speed limit.  Glad the damage to your vehicle might not be too horrible too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

so i was the victim of a hit and run this evening. the guy behind me was mad because i slowed down at a RR crossing and was driving the speed limit (25 MPH) in town. he deliberately rammed me 3 times and when i pulled over, he drove around me and left.

i am totally unharmed. my car, naso much, but it's minor. my car is a tank so he did a lot of damage to the front of his truck. dumbass.

People are aholes. Glad to hear you’re ok and hope you were able to get enough of a description to give the cops a good report.

6 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

Sorry to hear that. I was forced to jump the median today. He cut across the entire highway. Something in the air.

6 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

Ugh, sorry to hear dear. People suck.

As one of the few in here that actually believes in the NAM, especially within range, it's consistency is a major red flag. I know NO ONE wants to hear that though. I'd take the NAM in a street fight over the RGEM most days. 

I'm wrong a lot in life though, and I often put my confidence in the wrong things, so hopefully this is just another one of those times. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

As one of the few in here that actually believes in the NAM, especially within range, it's consistency is a major red flag. I know NO ONE wants to hear that though. I'd take the NAM in a street fight over the RGEM most days. 

I'm wrong a lot in life though, and I often put my confidence in the wrong things, so hopefully this is just another one of those times. 

nam is pretty good esp in the short range. the fact that it and the euro have generally turned the backside into very little is a flag for sure. not sure I'm too worried about tomorrow tho... see what the gfs says I suppose.   

• Like 1

I’m going to go to bed tonight, safe in the knowledge that the kids will be outside playing with their friends in the snow by lunchtime, and that everything should be covered by the time they have to come in for dinner. I’ll revel in watching the kids play, and will enjoy the company of the other parents in the neighborhood who will be watching their kids, as well.

No idea what’ll come after the WAA snow, but I begrudgingly accept that it very likely won’t be what I’d like it to be. Then...come Monday afternoon, I’ll refrain from watching the radar as much as possible and will tune out of here until it’s all done.

Then I’ll be back to track whatever fate befalls us in February!

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

Sorry to hear!  I’m sure that was scary to have happen. Cars can be fixed. People can’t. Glad you weren’t hurt

1 hour ago, Amorphous Iodine said:

This afternoon on WTOP I heard forty-eight inches  in DC and north; thirty-six inches in the southern suburbs.

Lol I heard that this afternoon. It definitely sounded like she said 48 inches rather than 4 to 8. So if a few people are going crazy panic buying food/toiletries and spreading rumors about 4 feet of snow we know why. ;)

1 hour ago, wxtrix said:

Glad you are okay, that sounds terrifying. I know its hard during something like this but try and remember all the details about him and his vehicle. Also if you were driving past any businesses you might want to go back and see if any have security cameras  that catch the road. Make sure you note date/time of when you were driving through. The RR crossing might have cameras too from CSX or whoever owns the rails. If you can get a color/make of the vehicle to police they might have an idea of who it is. Usually people like this don't just suddenly fly off the handle and he might have priors, especially if its a rural/small town area. 

42 minutes ago, Ian said:

nam is pretty good esp in the short range. the fact that it and the euro have generally turned the backside into very little is a flag for sure. not sure I'm too worried about tomorrow tho... see what the gfs says I suppose.   

I believe you said something similar last night on Twitter. I concur.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic