Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

2 minutes ago, LP08 said:

This is the fear I have...we miss the meat of the WAA and miss the ccb just NE.  Still a good storm but it’s the way we fail near the city.

Right now I'm leaning towards bailing to Cville for that reason. Would suck to miss out on an entire day of CCB fun but I get a guaranteed thump.

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

This is the fear I have...we miss the meat of the WAA and miss the ccb just NE.  Still a good storm but it’s the way we fail near the city.

Yeah, I’ve always been more interested in banking on WAA since thats the “easy” stuff.  Coastal/CCB is fun but if you’re relying on the CCB to get a lot of snow at DC’s latitude in a Miller B/hybrid, you’re setting yourself up for failure. 

A worst case for DC would be 1-3” WAA and 1-2” from the coastal.  Not terrible given DC’s lack of snow recently but would be a kick in the you know what.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Right now I'm leaning towards bailing to Cville for that reason. Would suck to miss out on an entire day of CCB fun but I get a guaranteed thump.

I’ve seen this movie before.  I still think we do ok up here in regards to the WAA thump but being on the southern fringe of a developing ccb is usually a losing scenario.  I think 6-8 is a safe call here.

• Like 1

Just now, benjammin said:

Other than for snow maybe at Deep Creek I have no desire to live in Maryland. When my wife from San Antonio moved to Arlington she'd ask about something in Maryland and I'd tell her "We live in VA. We don't need to go to Maryland."

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

all i know is my in laws would be vaccinated if they lived in DC and not MD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Suppression is still very much on the table

I Really hope we can ALL win from this. Cant say I blame the people (currently) in the jack zone. Last night when the suppressed looking Euro rolled in and everyone was freaking out I was pretty happy lol 

• Like 1

Just now, DanTheMan said:

I Really hope we can ALL win from this. Cant say I blame the people (currently) in the jack zone. Last night when the suppressed looking Euro rolled in and everyone was freaking out I was pretty happy lol 

Depends on what win means

Just now, benjammin said:

To be fair VA is like 49th out of 50 in vaccinations so a complete fail there.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

you used to hear a lot of nonsense about how DC can't govern itself, etc etc

we are near or at the top in terms of vaccinations, testing

and near or at the bottom in terms of case counts and levels of infection.

Just now, DanTheMan said:

Forum wide double digits :weenie:! Lol My expectations 25 miles west of town are realistically 6-8 but seeing 10 would be a massive massive win

Ah gotcha.  Then I’m thinking no.  If you meant a few inches then drizzle and some flurries on the backend then maybe.  North trends don’t reverse 36 hours before game time.  South trends do.  

3 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

I love when the South Central PA guys come to our sub-forum saying how the GFS looks just awesome for everyone.....**checks notes**.....oh right the GFS shows 25" for you and I get stuck with an 8 incher....not that I'm complaining.

There’s a scenario where you actually do better than up here IMO.  WAA targets Central VA and CCB targets north of Baltimore.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

There’s a scenario where you actually do better than up here IMO.  WAA targets Central VA and CCB targets north of Baltimore.  

Yeah, I have been following that. I've been hoping to get the WAA part as juiced up as possible, in EZF we get back side lovin as frequently as the Flyers win the Stanley Cup

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic