Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

You and I are on the same page. Also wanted to say that somehow when I quoted this post it added a ''laugh'' reaction and I can't change it because I hit my limit for the day. Weird.

That's weird.  Is there a limit on how many reactions one can give in a certain amount of time?  Didn't realize that.  Or a limit on how many times you can change it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ji said:

Bob I guess you didn't think much of the Dec 15 storm lol

Glad to see you back. Yea it's a horrible hobby....but you are a great teacher and that was really missed by alot of people

Hope your well!

@bobchill

This is the only part of the hobby that is a blast. The rest is a lot of work with no paycheck. Lol. I'm doing totally fine. The only time to worry about me is when I don't show up for a storm like this. Haha

• Like 2

The heck is wrong with all these websites? I leave, and come back in a fresh tab and it still shows the 18z run when the 0z is done. I kept looking at the RGEM wondering what was so good, but it looked no different because it was no different.

But, yes. I agree it looks better for everyone north, and only slightly worse for anyone south of DC. 

Weather Channel has Central VA at 5-8”...:lol:...nice try.

2 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

The heck is wrong with all these websites? I leave, and come back in a fresh tab and it still shows the 18z run when the 0z is done. I kept looking at the RGEM wondering what was so good, but it looked no different because it was no different.

same with me!  LOL

4 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, I totally get that. As a father of 4 kids and a lot of friends over 50 years old, I worry myself when someone goes quiet. That was never my intention. Had I had known at any time that my absence was going to be this long I would have dropped a line. I was really glad when WxUSAF emailed me a few months ago honestly. I had already been thinking that I'm indirectly (or directly) causing people to have dark thoughts about my whereabouts because I'm the same exact way with other people. 

I too was wondering about your well being--but as long as you were okay, I totally respected whatever your reasons for not being on here. Thanks for your post of explanation--I think your reasoning is something we all need to keep in mind with this hobby: taking inventory of just how much time we are putting into this vs real life!

Just now, nj2va said:

I’m shocked.  

GFS also shifting WAA south a bit; not a fan of that for MBY.  DC needs to cash in on the WAA since the CCB looks to stay north.

This is the fear I have...we miss the meat of the WAA and miss the ccb just NE.  Still a good storm but it’s the way we fail near the city.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic