Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, I totally get that. As a father of 4 kids and a lot of friends over 50 years old, I worry myself when someone goes quiet. That was never my intention. Had I had known at any time that my absence was going to be this long I would have dropped a line. I was really glad when WxUSAF emailed me a few months ago honestly. I had already been thinking that I'm indirectly (or directly) causing people to have dark thoughts about my whereabouts because I'm the same exact way with other people. 

Well now I'm definitely opening the Copper Fox bottle I have in storage. The legend is back! 

I don't even want to know how old your kids are now....that telescope night feels like it was an eternity ago! 

Hope you and your loved ones are are well! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Well now I'm definitely opening the Copper Fox bottle I have in storage. The legend is back! 

I don't even want to know how old your kids are now....that telescope night feels like it was an eternity ago! 

Hope you and your loved ones are are well! 

They still bring that up to this day. When the planets and moon did their special dance a couple months ago my son was like "you still talk to the telescope guy? This would be cool to look at", 

Oh, the younger twins are 16 now. My son is 6'4". Lol. At 6'2" I absolutely NOT used to looking up at people in the house. My older twins both graduated from MD and have moved out. Still come by all the time to eat all my food and make me fix things they broke so basically nothing has changed except where they sleep

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Hey peeps. Let me clear the air first. I never intended to stay offline here this long. It just happened. However, last couple years lost their luster for me meaning I stopped having fun here. That's a me problem tho. Y'all do you forever. Thing is, I'm pretty damn busy with real life basically always. This place is a time suck and a half. Then add it all the hours spent staring at maps/charts/graphs/blah blah blah and I realized that I'm absolutely not using my own potential to do big things in life. So ALL that energy and analysis that I traded off here I put to work somewhere else and it was the smartest decision of my life. 

Nobody will like to hear this but I've become disinterested in long range tracking. Too much self induced stress/work for basically nothing in return for years at a time. I became a square peg and this game is a circle hole. Also a circle jerk but that's a different topic alltogether. I haven't tracked jack shit all year. I knew it was a nina and that's all I needed to know. If it happens great and if not I have more important stuff to do. But...... but................. BUT.......... IT"S FOOKIN HAPPENING. BOOM.

I'm here for jokes and obs and entertainment. I really don't care nearly as much what any model says cuz wx gon wx and it doesn't give AF about our feelings. Nice to see a blocked coastal in a nina though. That's a bonus check and a half. 

I’m just glad you’re back so everyone stops asking despite us telling them over and over again that you were fine :lol:

seriously tho, good to see you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

They still bring that up to this day. When the planets and moon did their special dance a couple months ago my son was like "you still talk to the telescope guy? This would be cool to look at", 

Oh, the younger twins are 16 now. My son is 6'4". Lol. At 6'2" I absolutely NOT used to looking up at people in the house. My older twins both graduated from MD and have moved out. Still come by all the time to eat all my food and make me fix things they broke so basically nothing has changed except where they sleep

I'm so glad you are back.  I sent you the dirtiest PM oooooooo.  with pics too. 

• Haha 4

Just now, gopper said:

If Ian shows up, the the whole family will be back!

I wish that would happen. Like being transported back in time. Until the day I die I’ll remember one post Ian made that caused me to spit a beer all the way across the room. I know I’ll bore people hear who’ve heard it but I gotta tell it for anybody who never has. It was the 0z Thursday night runs for the Jan 30 storm in 2010. The models had been going against us and the 0z was like a huge nail in the coffin. You could just feel the air go out . Ian posted “I may kill the next person I see” and for whatever reason I thought it was the funniest thing. Guess you had to be in the thread that night to understand. Turned out it wasn’t the nail as we began out legendary model comeback at 12z the next morning.

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic