Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

12 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Wait a minute. 

You want MORE interaction with these lunatics???

LOL! 

I like discord for mobile use mainly, and ease of access. Plus I actually run a pretty huge tropical weather discord community and it gets really fun to interact as the storm rolls in :) It's linked to my tropical weather subreddit.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, the NWS experimental product that shows high-end totals, just about every location (60-70 or so), all have either 12" or 13" as the maximum. Chances of 8" in Lexington Park is 33%, in Westminster, 45%. Not saying it's right or wrong, but that's a pretty even regionwide LWX forecast area distribution. Usually it seems places like Berkeley Springs or Woodstock's high end is about 3x or 4x more than that for, say, Prince Frederick. Which, of course, in most cases makes mega-sense. 

And I'm drinking a Washington (state) Cabernet called Gorgeous. It was on sale for 9.99. I used to drink V before snowstorms/blizzards, but yet another concession to age. Cause the Volume God still must be appeased and that's hard to do with Finlandia at 80 proof. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Still resting my back from the injury, so I'm currently buzzing off a 350mg Soma and a tall bottle of water 

Hence the reason I have not posted about the GFS because I am toast lol

Hey, I totally empathize with back injuries!  Or at least lower back pain.  In my case it's a semi-chronic lower back issue (not an injury), partly my fault for not keeping the core strengthened as I should at times, and it can just go out on me upon occasion.  Really debilitating, to the point tying shoes is a chore!  Like it gets charley-horsed or tied in a knot, then it takes a few days to "untie".  Ugh!  But hey, guess I'm just gettin' old, so get off my lawn!! :oldman:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hey, I totally empathize with back injuries!  Or at least lower back pain.  In my case it's a semi-chronic lower back issue (not an injury), partly my fault for not keeping the core strengthened as I should at times, and it can just go out on me upon occasion.  Really debilitating, to the point tying shoes is a chore!  Like it gets charley-horsed or tied in a knot, then it takes a few days to "untie".  Ugh!  But hey, guess I'm just gettin' old, so get off my lawn!! :oldman:

Yeah. Mine was me cleaning and trying to get up from a tight spot as a big dude. I severely strained my right lat muscle, translating to acute ridiculopathy throughout my lower lumbar. That was 3 weeks ago and through a ton of treatment and muscle relaxers, it's improved where I can do most of my normal routine, just slowly. Still have some translated pain in the sciatic nerve, but it's tolerable compared to the past few weeks. That was debilitating. I hope you're having a decent day today!

• Like 2

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Yeah. Mine was me cleaning and trying to get up from a tight spot as a big dude. I severely strained my right lat muscle, translating to acute ridiculopathy throughout my lower lumbar. That was 3 weeks ago and through a ton of treatment and muscle relaxers, it's improved where I can do most of my normal routine, just slowly. Still have some translated pain in the sciatic nerve, but it's tolerable compared to the past few weeks. That was debilitating. I hope you're having a decent day today!

Ugh...that feels painful just to read!! Glad you are recovering, and hope you can do some kind of phys therapy exercises now and then to keep it in decent shape.  That's what I'm supposed to do (but am sadly highly negligent at times, which is on me!!).  Having a decent day, yes, thank you!  Any time there is a good chance of WSW criteria snow or better, I'm in a good mood at this time of year!  I hope to have a chance to get some nice photos (photography is a hobby of mine), if we actually get a good event!  Hope you're having a good day as well!

• Like 1

I'm shamelessly asking for IMBY advice... given the opportunity, would you guys to go Charlottesville for this one or stay in Arlington? I think I know the answer but want validation. 

Strictly on snow if you're hunting a big storm I'd say Arlington but if you want more of a sure thing C'ville. But if you live in North Arlington then it might be ok (lived most of my life a few blocks south of Arlington Boulevard)... Absent that where would you rather be?

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic