Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

2 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Has anyone else been holding out and only now slowly allowing themselves to start believing this thing might actually happen? My bar is still ridiculously low (3-5" just south of Baltimore) but I'm actually starting to allow myself to get excited. Still keeping my eye out for Lucy, but letting my guard down

I can tell that I'm starting to think it might happen. I'm chattier than even normal.  My bar isn't crazy, but 8" sounds crazy after the last four years.  I really want the Monday part of the storm to happen.  Cold powder on snow is the best.  But, yes, I still think this could all go to the pooper.

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

CWG says major snow likely for the big cities in the east POSSIBLY even Baltimore and DC :hurrbear:

DC snow climo has evolved to the point where a January snow event is a shock.  For a while there back in the early 2010s DC was getting the snow town moniker.  Ah those days. 

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Can you imagine if your two favorite hobbies are snow and playing guitar and  practicing your whole life for a guitar gig only to have it canceled by a snowstorm. Reminds me of that Burgess Merrideth episode of the Twilight Zone 

Where he reads but breaks his glasses as the last man on Earth.  Time enough at last. Lots of books and time...can’t see.  Personal favorite 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Has anyone else been holding out and only now slowly allowing themselves to start believing this thing might actually happen? My bar is still ridiculously low (3-5" just south of Baltimore) but I'm actually starting to allow myself to get excited. Still keeping my eye out for Lucy, but letting my guard down

I'm at the point where I'm all in on the WAA part...but the coastal part? Still a tad cautious just because (probably because it's a Miller B, and how tricky those can be, and how we've been burned in the past) So that part of the storm I need another 24-36 hours of great runs before I'm comfortable, lol

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

A good one  was when the space ship crashed and the surviving astronauts thought they crashed on another planet but they never left earth and crashed in the dessert sw . The end when that last survivor comes over the hill and sees city lights below in the distance. Classic 

Yes another good one.  Also the one where the dude is a prisoner on another planet and the delivery rocket brings him the robot that looks like a sexy woman.  He should have opted to stay when they wanted to bring him home and shot her in the face.  He had a nice pad, hot robot, old car and a chess board.  All anyone needs.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Join @Scraff, me, my gf, and ?, on Saturday for a socially distanced beer and I'll bring you a bottle of something!

Let’s go peeps! Last call before Winter Storm.....er.....Orlena!?  Whatever. Smh. So here is my total wine and beverage @WxUSAF I think I got your pre-game storm goods anyway. @osfan24?? Come on man.  Let’s do this. This goes out to everyone though. Bring a beach chair and dress for summer....:lol:

Eta:  I meant I’ll fight anyone over the last blueberry Chobani.

12B1AC06-9945-4CE6-94B7-A0317D85C3EB.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

Let’s go peeps! Last call before Winter Storm.....er.....Orlena!?  Whatever. Smh. So here is my total wine and beverage @WxUSAF I think I got your pre-game storm goods anyway. @osfan24?? Come on man.  Let’s do this. This goes out to everyone though. Bring a beach chair and dress for summer....:lol:

Dude....tofu?:facepalm:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I can’t believe it’s not butter?  Neither can I!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

That’s awesome.  157 cans of beer a tub of fake butter and one yogurt.  Bachelor fridge.  

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic