Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I actually love shoveling the driveway at night while it is snowing. No one else in the neighborhood is doing it then. You can shovel for a little bit then just stand there with absolutely no noise except the flakes hitting the ground and you. It is amazing. And it helps me to do multiple shovels before the snow gets too deep. 

Agreed.  But add in the bottles of winter lager chilling in the snowbank.

• Like 1

I actually love shoveling the driveway at night while it is snowing. No one else in the neighborhood is doing it then. You can shovel for a little bit then just stand there with absolutely no noise except the flakes hitting the ground and you. It is amazing. And it helps me to do multiple shovels before the snow gets too deep. 

I do the same at Deep Creek....when I was there for MLK weekend, at one point I just laid down and looked up at the sky as the snow fell on me.  I probably have a problem.  Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, JakkelWx said:

6 feet snow drifts coming to D.C. My own personal private weather model shows 3 feet of snow in just 6 hours from RIC - NE MD, then dryslots at 75 degrees for a couple mins before switching over to acid rain.

I’ll take it. I’ve really wanted to develop a weather model, it will never happen though.

14 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

It's gonna go right back to yesterday's 12z run with 4 feet of snow just S of D.C ;)

That will come tomorrow night.  It think it has another 24 hours before it gives us the crushing blow again....of course it will be centered more over MD this time ;)  "Never want to be in the bulls-eye too far out":)

Just now, gopper said:

That will come tomorrow night.  It think it has another 24 hours before it gives us the crushing blow again....of course it will be centered more over MD this time ;)  "Never want to be in the bulls-eye too far out":)

That’s what I’m thinking. Get me out of that spot.  Move it to psu or mappy land.  Then it would feel right. 

Yes love this! My favorite ever was the first Feb 2010 storm. I would get halfway down the drive, turn around and it would look like I hadn't touched it

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic