• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

12z Suite scorecard...(2.5 for 6 as of 12:30 pm)

ICON --- disaster (w/ bargaining over maybe its thermals are their usual trash)

GFS ---- primary holds on too long aiming for Ohio which, why? I grew up in Ohio and nothing should aim for there. Miller B hell, some snow front end, but meh if you are big game hunting, okay if you want 4+ inches or so.. 

GEFS --- not great - in line w/ GFS - area-wide 2" - 5" w/ snow hole concerns floating

CMC ---a hit! area-wide 6+ inches with upwards to a foot some places but also genuine concern for our friends on the lowlands SE of 95 for mix or rain at the transfer. 

GEPS -- juiced up compared with 0Z - supports the OP

UKIE ---- a decent hit but all front end - the junk in the trunk is reserved for NE - maybe 4-6 inches plus area wide

EURO ----

ETA - It doesn't make the scorecard - but the NAVGEM was a massive hit with plenty of backside

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

I just caught up on the "analysis" in the main thread....that was impossible to follow.

Everyone was all hyped up about the unreal Euro run at 12Z yesterday so now anything looks "bad".  I wonder how the discussion would have gone if the Euro didn't spit out a BECS.  So much mention of a "disaster", but then when you cut through that BS, it's not really that awful at this point, to be honest.  Expectations and all that, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Everyone was all hyped up about the unreal Euro run at 12Z yesterday so now anything looks "bad".  I wonder how the discussion would have gone if the Euro didn't spit out a BECS.  So much mention of a "disaster", but then when you cut through that BS, it's not really that awful at this point, to be honest.  Expectations and all that, I suppose.

Totally agree.  Unrealistic expectations were established yesterday IMO.  And now anything less than a foot is a "disaster".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Happens every storm since the existence of this forum.  There is always that one run of whatever model, and everything else is no good.

• Like 1

Waiting on Dr. NYET now...

12z Suite scorecard...(2.5 for 6 as of 12:53 pm)

GFS ---- primary holds on too long aiming for Ohio which, why? I grew up in Ohio and nothing should aim for there. Miller B hell, some snow front end, but meh if you are big game hunting, okay if you want 4+ inches or so.. 

GEFS --- not great - in line w/ GFS - area-wide 2" - 5" w/ snow hole concerns floating

CMC ---a hit! area-wide 6+ inches with upwards to a foot some places but also genuine concern for our friends on the lowlands SE of 95 for mix or rain at the transfer. 

UKIE ---- a decent hit but all front end - the junk in the trunk is reserved for NE - maybe 4-6 inches plus area wide

EURO ----

Editor's Note - It doesn't make the scorecard - but the NAVGEM was a massive hit with plenty of backside

Just now, LP08 said:

Happens every storm since the existence of this forum.  There is always that one run of whatever model, and everything else is no good.

Yup...I know, and I'd think by this point I'd be "used to it" or just expect the useless melt-downs.  But, unfortunately, it's still damned frustrating to see page after page of tearing of hair, gnashing of teeth.  I get being nervous, especially around here!!...but come on, people.  Would I love a HECS?  Of freaking course!!  But a decent prospect at ~6-12" solid warning level event would be great if we can manage that.

• Like 1

The deleted post you guys are ragging on was 100% spot on. Man it's hard to lurk on here. Forums die when they become "insider only" at the exclusion of newbies. 

The number of regular posters who post junk in the discussions and then complain when someone else does it is irritating. Either lock down the thread in storm mode or don't complain about banter when you do it too. 

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t like this place nearly as much as I used to.

I get it but this is what sucks to read as someone who has battled long over the clamors for free wielding posts and stuff clamped down on for ease of reading.

Whenever we go to tighten up there is a ton of bellyaching over posts disappearing and so on.  So the min we dial it back then its all about how many bad posts there are.  Its simply a no win situation.

We have promised that come this time tomorrow if a storm is looking likely we would make a new thread and all the bullshit crybaby stuff won't be allowed.  Meanwhile I'll just post more gifs to balance it out.

3 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

The deleted post you guys are ragging on was 100% spot on. Man it's hard to lurk on here. Forums die when they become "insider only" at the exclusion of newbies. 

The number of regular posters who post junk in the discussions and then complain when someone else does it is irritating. Either lock down the thread in storm mode or don't complain about banter when you do it too. 

dont worry, the new storm thread wont be as forgiving. 

• Like 1

12z Suite scorecard...(3.5 for 7 as of 1:30 pm)

EURO ---- mid and post coital cigs for most everyone. Massive storm unfolding. Euro holds. 1 to 2 feet or more across much of the forum. Need the low to not tuck as tight to the bay as depicted here to bring the CAPE crew into the full fun and chill out osfan24.

Editor's Note - It doesn't make the scorecard - but the NAVGEM was a massive hit with plenty of backside

PSU in main thread says, in reality, ICON and CMC much like the Euro in evolution - just with crappier thermals - and that you would lean more to Euro for thermals this far out. If so, it is EURO/CMC/ICON vs. GFS/ UKIE heading into  the 0z runs tonight. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

switching topics... anyone been gambling in the stock market recently? caved and got $150 worth of BlackBerry a few days ago and I'm not unhappy with how its going. Not frisky enough to move my serious index fund money in Gamestop/Blackberry/AMC but I've been enjoying mostly spectating.

I've stayed away and I'm rather proud of myself for that. Vast majority is in mutuals and sector ETFs. I do have some individual biotech stocks that are very boom-bust, though. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic