Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

47 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Board mood did a 180 just like that lol...now that's power!! Stay strong people you haven't lost any money until you sell the stock.....:hurrbear:

All it took. One post that wasn't what people wanted to hear. It's amazing how fast it happens.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Definitely penny candy in the ghetto where I grew up but u sound older if 10 cents a pack for cards 

First Topps card collection I worked on was 1971.  They had photos of the players on the back of the card as well, which greatly reduced the space available for stats.  That kinda sucked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Movie theater. Pa let us go on Saturday afternoons. Give each of us a dime and we could get a ticket and popcorn for that

I think you are joking but I literally do remember parents dropping us at the movie and $1 got you in and bought a coke and popcorn 

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Have em all . 

My own collection started in 82' as a kid but I've bought a couple collections from older neighbors when I was 13 -14 . So I have cards ranging from 65'- 95. 

My 69' Reggie Jackson RC  probably my most valuable 

That's a great card. My favorite in my collection is a 62' Aaron. 

Ok who can remember pinball machines when it was 5 balls per game and 5 games for a quarter. Buddies and I would “requisition” a shopping cart from the local grocery, go out picking up soda bottles until it was full, take them in for the deposit and it was cheeseburgers and pinball for the rest of the day.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

First Topps card collection I worked on was 1971.  They had photos of the players on the back of the card as well, which greatly reduced the space available for stats.  That kinda sucked.

Have a nice Nolan Ryan card from that year. So much fun to collect back in the day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Fleer and Donruss came on strong 83-87 especially...definitely outvalued the Topps equivalent often those years 

I guess it was just the newness but Topps felt old despite those crazy skinny 81 Donruss.  But you are right....83 Fleer Clemens, 84 Donruss Griffey....legend cards of that time frame. 

Edit not Griffey...Mattingly.  Griffey in 89

5 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Ok who can remember pinball machines when it was 5 balls per game and 5 games for a quarter. Buddies and I would “requisition” a shopping cart from the local grocery, go out picking up soda bottles until it was full, take them in for the deposit and it was cheeseburgers and pinball for the rest of the day.

My mom bought a pinball machine and we had it in our basement. Loved that thing! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lucketts said:

Have a nice Nolan Ryan card from that year. So much fun to collect back in the day. 

One of my favorite Ryan moments: first season the O's played at Camden Yards.  Early season series with Texas was disrupted by rain and in an effort to get in a second game of the series, the two teams played a 12:35 matinee on what would have been the travel day.  Not many knew the game was being played and I showed up to a crowd of 1,200 people.  Got to sit right behind home plate.

Ryan started, but seemed like he was having trouble getting loose.  Couple of walks and a few hits later and the Orioles had touched him up for a couple of early runs.  #10 Mike Devereaux stepped to the plate and came out of his shoes swinging at a high fastball on the first pitch.  The big swing pissed Ryan off.  The next pitch stuck Devereaux right between the 1 and the 0 on his back.  From my seat I could see the smile on Ryan's face, even as Devereaux groaned in pain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

One of my favorite Ryan moments: first season the O's played at Camden Yards.  Early season series with Texas was disrupted by rain and in an effort to get in a second game of the series, the two teams played a 12:35 matinee on what would have been the travel day.  Not many knew the game was being played and I showed up to a crowd of 1,200 people.  Got to sit right behind home plate.

Ryan started, but seemed like he was having trouble getting loose.  Couple of walks and a few hits later and the Orioles had touched him up for a couple of early runs.  #10 Mike Devereaux stepped to the plate and came out of his shoes swinging at a high fastball on the first pitch.  The big swing pissed Ryan off.  The next pitch stuck Devereaux right between the 1 and the 0 on his back.  From my seat I could see the smile on Ryan's face, even as Devereaux groaned in pain.

That's way better than my memory of the Rangers destroying the O's 30-3 in 2007.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I think you are joking but I literally do remember parents dropping us at the movie and $1 got you in and bought a coke and popcorn 

I believe him, oh the stories he could probably tell. He old. :oldman:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

glad to see that yesterday's unrealistic snow maps caused unrealistic expectations and now from one realistic 0z euro run people are being unrealistic about what a good snow is.

I'll take a 4" snow.  FFS. 

i thought the euro was fine. the storm was still there, some kinks to work out, but most notably EPS still had some nice hits compared to the parent run. 

some people need to step back and pull themselves together. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic