Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I remember getting a pack of baseball cards for 20 - 25 cents and it came with gum . Sometimes that was my lunch :lol:

Well, card stock is a good source of fiber. Just hope you didn't consume any of the really valuable cards!

Oh wait, you were referring to having the gum for lunch... I think! :lol:

• Haha 2

CWG just reminded me that today is the ten year anniversary of Commutageddon, which was the storm that got me on this forum originally. Still one of my favorite events (because I was home that day). I remember watching the rain rapidly turn to hail and then very heavy wet snow. Eventually lost power and spent the evening making cocoa on the electric stove. Also one of the only times I ever heard thundersnow!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I believe we just lost the storm...psu is bailing...i'm out he only has to tell me 43 times...guess I'll mow on Monday and Tuesday while the south gets yet another historic snow in a La Nina

But its the control run of an ensemble. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JakkelWx said:

But its the control run of an ensemble. 

I'm not sure what the intent was perhaps he just wants to see his yard jacked on one of these runs. I'm sure it was part frustration and part being spooked from seasonal trends but it was quite over the top for 6 days out. For all we know Monday will be sunny and 50 at this point.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, Wentzadelphia said:

I forget which one it was, but one of those storms had the heaviest snow I’ve ever seen for a sustained period. White out and thunder for a few hours it was incredible. 

What would be your estimate of the maximum instanteous snowfall rate that you got during that storm?

Also, how much snow did you end up with in total? 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic