Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

But how does having zero control over it prevent disappointment, though? I don't get that...You want something to happen, it doesn't happen, disappointment. What am I missing, here? I'd love for your way of seeing it to be the cure all for all the disappointment and depression, but that hasn't done the trick...

Perspective. Other things are way more important. It's the same with rooting for a football team. I don't let in ruin my day or a whole week if the Ravens lose. I have other stuff in my life going on, as I am sure you do.

Music right?

Remember in 2018 after the first several threats in that March Blocking pattern fell apart and that March 14 storm epically screwed us by being suppressed then reforming and crushing New England I had had promised and made an epic blow the world up rant. Then we got a big snowstorm a week later.   Maybe it works twice lol. 

• Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

And this part here...the discipline of not getting sucked is what I have found to be the toughest...especially inside of day 6/7. Ya see good runs (though the euro this time was never good, lol) You try to look away...and then the carrot is dangled. You tell yourself you're not gonna pay attention, not gonna pay attention...but then your mind so easily goes to it. I need a distraction, lol 

I used to be how you are, would read the long range thread and check models a lot and I’d gets too invested in fantasy storms showing up for more than a few runs before it went poof. And it did bother me to the point where my overall mood would just be blah. 

But over the years I’ve dealt with a lot of things personally; deaths in my world, struggles in many other places... to name a couple things. I learned to step back and prioritize what to let bother me and in many cases, even pay attention to. One of those happened to be long range tracking. 

Things have also gotten incredibly busy at work the last 6 months, on top of working from home and being a teacher to a virtually learning second grader. I honestly just don’t have the time I use to have to pay attention to that stuff anymore. I check occasionally but it could go a week before I read the long range thread. 

While I can’t say you should or should not invest time into long range stuff, I will say if it’s impacting you mentally and emotionally that does impact other aspects of your life, like @WxWatcher007 said, that’s not good and you should take a step back and look to see what areas you need to focus on. It is only snow after all. :) 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, CAPE said:

GB D needs to do more of that or its gonna be a long day.

No one from the D should be back next year. Fire them all and rebuild from the bottom up. Piss poor tackling and over pursuing.

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

AR baby.

He is a bad man.

The only thing I hate more than our D is Aaron Rodgers. He had one good year when he won with the remnants of an older team and had been a worthless stats machine ever since. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Brady is doing Brady things, but GB is making it easy for him.

Where is the pressure? the coverage?

Our entire team is terrible. We're a perennial overrated team that slides by because the NFC North is a joke and we get a grade school schedule. Rodgers is 1-7 in the post season when trailing at half time. I turned the game off and I'm hoping for a miracle, but I cannot describe how much I loathe Rodgers. He should've been let go after that worthless performance against Seattle in the NFC championship the other year, but the team keeps throwing their money down a rat hole with him.

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That was a blatant hold on the interception.

How is that missed when refs find phantom crap to call all the time?

They could have called that, but they also should have got the false start by the LT on the play down the middle for 20 yards just a couple of plays before.

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Our entire team is terrible. We're a perennial overrated team that slides by because the NFC North is a joke and we get a grade school schedule. Rodgers is 1-7 in the post season when trailing at half time. I turned the game off and I'm hoping for a miracle, but I cannot describe how much I loathe Rodgers. He should've been let go after that worthless performance against Seattle in the NFC championship the other year, but the team keeps throwing their money down a rat hole with him.

I...um...what?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I take good care of my reaped souls. Thank you for your business and the kind Yelp review. 

The Reaper is on Yelp now?  Maybe you can take AAA discounts too...:lol:

And @WxWatcher007, agree with your comments about disappointment (over snow failures) and managing that.  Can't deny how frustrating this year has been of course, and I truly wish we could get a decent warning-level criteria event.  That would be fun.  But in the end, really, what does it all matter how much we do or don't get (other than concerns about long term climate stuff, which we won't get into here!)?  I've had my share of personal and other issues, not to mention just how awful 2020 was in general for any number of reasons outside that.  But I also try to find some of the beauty in the world via my photography hobby.  One thing about this last year, I've probably taken more photos than I had in any other year just because I'm "looking" more and some things catch my eye.  Beyond that, of course, are the people in one's life that you care about.

Anyhow, sorry to get too philosophical here on a weather board, but just wanted to throw that out there!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Rodgers is one of the top 5 most talented QBs to ever play, and his stats are incredible. He won a SB.

Marino had great numbers, and never won a SB. A HOFer. I guess you think he was a pos too?

Get a grip.

Just now, CAPE said:

Rodgers is one of the top 5 most talented QBs to ever play, and his stats are incredible. He won a SB.

Marino had great numbers, and never won a SB. A HOFer. I guess you think he was a pos too?

The only stat that matter is the Lombardi trophy...everything else is worthless. Rodgers got 1 years ago and hasn't been worth the cash since. This is going to be the 3rd consecutive NFC Championship that he's laid a turd in and somehow that's acceptable to the organization.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

The only stat that matter is the Lombardi trophy...everything else is worthless. Rodgers got 1 years ago and hasn't been worth the cash since. This is going to be the 3rd consecutive NFC Championship that he's laid a turd in and somehow that's acceptable to the organization.

LOL you are an irrational mess.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic