Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

He’s the best ever. Obviously he’s past his prime. Dude can still hit a fly on a coke can at 30 yards.

Look at the numbers when he is pressured. No he was never a very mobile QB, but at 43, he struggles a lot to evade the rush. TB also runs a lot of deeper/longer developing routes. Give him time though, and he will kill you.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

No. It’s inspired by about 4 days of the crap. You have a very touchy storm coming through where a degree or two could radically change the outcome but somehow people “know”

All I wrote was that it wasn’t going to be a big ice threat for DC. Stop hating on my amazing NAM analysis lol. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

No. It’s inspired by about 4 days of the crap. You have a very touchy storm coming through where a degree or two could radically change the outcome but somehow people “know”

My issue with it has always been the weakening of the wave as it moves east. Its going to dampen. Out where you are, its not really a problem  I think the NAM is overly juiced on the front end, esp further eastward, but we will see what the rest of the 12z suite says. I hope I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, snowfan said:

All I wrote was that it wasn’t going to be a big ice threat for DC. Stop hating on my amazing NAM analysis lol. 

Actually it’s not your post that put me in this frame of mind LOL. If you read the last 4 days or so you’ll see what I’m talking about.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol -- thats is all. just laughing. 

Are you laughing at our ridiculousness in here? Lol And I can't tell...do you still get disappointed with snow misses, or have you found a way to stay above it? (If you have, I'd love to know the secret...this stuff depresses the heck outta me sometimes)

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Are you laughing at our ridiculousness in here? Lol And I can't tell...do you still get disappointed with snow misses, or have you found a way to stay above it? (If you have, I'd love to know the secret...this stuff depresses the heck outta me sometimes)

We’ll always have Friday night’s GFS.  

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Was laughing at how the models have shown worse and worse outcomes for both threats this week after a promising day or two

I do get disappointed when it doesn't snow, but I'm good at brushing it off as whatever. There are so many other things going on our world these days that missing a snowstorm isn't high enough on my list to get legit depressed over. It's just snow. 

I also don't get invested beyond day 5, hell even sometimes beyond day 3. That helps with the disappointment when the rug is pulled within 100 hours. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ya got any more salt for this week's wound? :rolleyes:

I don't look at it that way. I am way past the days of getting disappointed over things I have zero control over.

I do like winter weather much more than long, brutally hot and humid summers, and I am considering moving elsewhere when life situations allow it. Might be pretty soon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

Was laughing at how the models have shown worse and worse outcomes for both threats this week after a promising day or two

I do get disappointed when it doesn't snow, but I'm good at brushing it off as whatever. There are so many other things going on our world these days that missing a snowstorm isn't high enough on my list to get legit depressed over. It's just snow. 

I also don't get invested beyond day 5, hell even sometimes beyond day 3. That helps with the disappointment when the rug is pulled within 100 hours. 

And this part here...the discipline of not getting sucked is what I have found to be the toughest...especially inside of day 6/7. Ya see good runs (though the euro this time was never good, lol) You try to look away...and then the carrot is dangled. You tell yourself you're not gonna pay attention, not gonna pay attention...but then your mind so easily goes to it. I need a distraction, lol 

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I don't look at it that way. I am way past the days of getting disappointed over things I have zero control over.

I do like winter weather much more than long, brutally hot and humid summers, and I am considering moving elsewhere when life situations allow it. Might be pretty soon.

But how does having zero control over it prevent disappointment, though? I don't get that...You want something to happen, it doesn't happen, disappointment. What am I missing, here? I'd love for your way of seeing it to be the cure all for all the disappointment and depression, but that hasn't done the trick...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic