Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

So the range at my house five days out is about 1 inch (Euro) to 34 inches (GFS).  Gotta give the models credit - that pretty much covers all bases...

Basically a CWG forecast IMO.....lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, yoda said:

Haven't started playing the new AC yet... how is it so far?

Honestly, I haven't started yet.  I've seen a lot of gameplay footage online and it looks great.  Seems to be taking more of a Witcher/Elder Scrolls approach in character building.   THe last few have moved this way.  I enjoyed them, but thought that when there wasn't too much into building your character, they were maybe a little better.  

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

And you're able to stay above all, eh?

For now yes I do get disappointed at times of course but as of today I don't really have a clue what Wednesday night/Thursday will bring so I'm not gonna be excited or disappointed just observant 

21 hours ago, toolsheds said:

I'm so sorry to hear that!  I have a co-worker who uses a lot of vegan cheeses.  Do you think they might be an alternate to normal cheese? 

Actually just got one. Going to try it with cashew milk in grits tonight. 

I am hoping my issue is just my eczema has gotten bad this year and excessive heat is causing the hives. Going to try an oatmeal bath tonight. But will let you know how the vegan cheese worked.  

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Been slammed at work lately . And I'm grateful to have work since many people have been forced out of their jobs but its eating into my storm tracking :cry:

You can snow chase to my yard Monday night to get your snow fix if you need!:snowing:

• Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

WHvIWfq.jpg

@Mrs.J I need you!

@H2O attacked me on Twitter with another food abomination.

Hey hey hey. I only posted it because I saw it in my feed and wanted to die. So I had to let others know. It was a PSA for y’all. 

And I’m not sure what offended me more, the spaghettios or how she made the garlic bread. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Is it just me or does someone seem like they're about to ignite? I feel a full on meltdown coming soon from them....I'm making popcorn 

He has carried us through many a dark period with reasoned analysis, so he's earned a meltdown.  And it's completely justified to be disgusted with this winter so far. 

Replying to this in banter.

24 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

but what can ya do? I guess you just enjoy the heck out of the snow you get and don't complain, lol 

I try to look around and be appreciative of the entire civilization that is associated with our warmer base state.  Flooding the atmosphere with "you know what" isn't just some enormous accident; it is the byproduct of a transformation in the world which has impacted every aspect of human life, and has led to this being the most materially secure, healthiest, best educated, well-fed generation in the history of the species.  Our warmer world is a price we are paying for the houses we live in, the food we eat, the cars we drive, the electricity we have, the medicine we take. the knowledge we have in our heads and the phones that we carry around in our pocket.  As much as I hate warming, so far I would say it has been a good bargain for our species.  Whether it remains so in the future remains to be seen of course.

Put it another way; we would all love to return to snowfall and cold from the 1880's, but would we be willing to take the 1880's standard of living that comes along with it? 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic