Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

17 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Let’s not forget a perfect circle. Tool is great, but a perfect circle also had some good stuff. 

Inoculum is fricking amazing. \m/

Anyway Perfect Circle is good, but when I’m listening to them, I always find myself wishing it was Tool. Lol

Having a night of memories. All these dud winters just reinforce the fact that we got THREE major snowstorms in the winter of 2009/2010 is just UNREAL! It gets talked about a lot in weather communities but still not enough. 

It absolutely kills me that I was a teenager when that happened and didn't appreciate it for the scope of what it was. I loved it, don't get me wrong. Was thrilled to be off school and all that crap. Compared to now though? I journal every weather events we get that's substantial in the slightest. I take pictures like crazy. I didn't even take pictures during or after that historic week in February. I left myself nothing to spark the memories. 

Sure, I can go online and find pictures and videos from around town but it's not the same as your own. You don't understand, or you guys probably do, how much I would have written about that if it happened just a few years later. That winter, but especially that week in February is something that this area will likely NEVER experience again, definitely not in my lifetime, unless the unprecedented happens. It's a one time shot at capturing it. It's honestly one of my biggest regrets of my life to this point. I know that sounds overdramatic, but it's the truth. 

I have people tell me, "Just go to somewhere that gets insane amounts of snow, then you can experience it." They don't understand. What made it so special and spectacular is that it happened in this area. The fact that it's something that will very likely never happen again. I'm thrilled I got the chance to live through that. I just wish I would've done more with it. 

How's that for banter? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Tool is awesome. Schism is one of my all time favorite prog rock songs. 

I know...the number of timing changes they make int hat song is crazy.  I'm assuming that you have seen the video of Danny Carey playing Pneuma Live in Concert? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Inoculum is fricking amazing. \m/

Anyway Perfect Circle is good, but when I’m listening to them, I always find myself wishing it was Tool. Lol

FI was an amazing Album.  I remember the goosebumps I got listening to it the first time at 5:00 am on the day it came out.  I went to ta2 targets and got the last copy of the CD they had in stock....they only had 2 and I was there with another guy looking for it.  

APC is also amazing.  A different side of Maynard, but the ensemble cast is great. 

Pushier is more eclectic, but a good listen too. 

I love Maiden and Priest too.  Never seen them, but Both Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson are probably two of the best rock vocalists ever.  

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

How do you like Stadia? I've looked into it casually but I've never committed just because I'm not sure I'm a believer in cloud gaming yet -- worry about input lag. 

I was like you until I took a leap of faith for cyberpunk. Oddly enough it works like magic. I love it so far and it runs without lag if you have a decent internet connection and direct ethernet cable plugged in. Some lag over WiFi but none hardwired. I've got 30Mbps connection. I recommend trying it out for sure.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic