• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Have not seen a forecast like this in quite awhile. It could all fail ofc, but nice to see.

Monday
Rain and snow likely after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Monday Night
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tuesday
A chance of snow before 10am, then a chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 38.
Wednesday Night
A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday
A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster...do you think the GFS is right for the late week storm? I'll go back to lurking and read the comments...thanks

Hey welcome aboard! :) 

Models are definitely honing in on a storm around that general area a week from now. However, it's a week out with another storm coming a few days before (Monday/Tuesday) that could affect the Thursday storm. Things will definitely change around on the models between now and then. Hopefully by game time it looks like that but displaced about 100 miles further NW.

I'll let more experienced posters like @CAPE  and @psuhoffman  answer you though. I hope that this helps! :)

BTW, I assume that from your screenname you are from Leesburg, VA? 

• Haha 5

On 1/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, psuhoffman said:

That was during my last semester at PSU. Actually my second stint, I took some time off after I was in a bad ski accident in 2000 and then changed majors.  But I was home most weekends working shifts at TGI Fridays in Herndon to make cash. I remember driving through the snow from the front runner wave on the way down. Then went to a movie with an old friend that night and it was freezing cold just before the second wave. The next day drive back to PSU in the snow took like 8 hours.   

Do you mean the TGI Friday’s in the Worldgate Centre with the AMC movie theater by the large Marriot hotel? If so, that’s basically my neighborhood. Is that AMC Worldgate theater the one you went to?

25 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

HH Eps looked pretty darn nice me thinks at 144 for the day 7 threat . I call it a win baby ...

For 6 hours :yikes:

It's funny how snow starved we are that now we have blatant trust issues even when a model shows a clear bullseye over us. PSU's (great) post about how suppression isnt the worry for the day 6 storm immediately flipped my mindset to worrying about being too far south for the goods lol. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

If we're going to fail might as well do it in the most epic way possible!!

Let's say there is a hypothetical poster who lives in NC but who hangs out here because of the superior analysis.  If this Southern slider should verify as sown by the GFS, would that poster be in danger of being run out of the forum?

Asking for a friend.

Gotta admit the annoyance level with winter is high right now.  Beneath this comical exterior is a raging pissed off maelstrom fed up with how things have gone.  Lots of posts about promising patterns and the toaster of fail is all we have to show for it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic