Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

You must have seen an early release then, as it came out in 1977!!

ETA:  :ph34r:'d by @benjammin!  But I also remember seeing that in the theaters when it came out!

You all are right....when I typed that i said to myself...I saw it when I was 5.  

PEBCIK - thanks for correcting. :-)

• Like 1

You must have seen an early release then, as it came out in 1977!!
ETA:  'd by [mention=2825]benjammin[/mention]!  But I also remember seeing that in the theaters when it came out!
My dad took my best friend and me. It's sad to think they're both deceased, albeit in different circumstances.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gopper said:

image.jpeg.c8b67a173de1b08e7bf18da1eadd7f21.jpegimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxQmplCvLS1YVytfzbgkBg1exBMIJLrvy-dFtS449U7tqVj_K9Mzxw1aax0OMFa2cHJigMOJgU&usqp=CAcimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCZj7fos-Ij_9_WFn5x_UAECOxbvlv61LPczDkC-MZ-eg5VVVa0X_5CrppwDlWWv10NKboJ_o&usqp=CAcimage.jpeg.7d527e08e890d5849925425528e6d621.jpeg

A few of my favorites!

The bozo is pretty funny only because I bought one last spring as a joke. It was just before where I work closed because of the pandemic, and someone kept messing with and breaking the copy machine. As a result, our administration sent out an all-call email chastising whoever was doing it. I did a reply all email with this picture and caption. Best $20 I ever spent.

”I don’t like ratting people out, but I saw this bozo doing surgery to the copy machine yesterday.”

F5DDA531-0E73-45F4-AB03-6887F7D053E7.thumb.jpeg.9d46df5c2b1007cdb301d4502a322dc0.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

Ha ha ... I get the NAM IS BAD MEME but I'm serious about it getting the gradient right in December. And met-taggers discussion that it did well versus the globals

LOL, I know, was just making the stereotypical joke about the NAM there!  In all seriousness, I do recall some discussion about that December event and the NAM's relatively good performance (with the thermals?).  Of course everyone jokes about the NAM beyond about 48 hours, but it's not terrible when you get closer to "go" time (36-48 hours and before).  Certainly for the thermal profiles.  I've also heard the NAM nests are superior to the parent 12km grid.

• Like 1

Just now, snowfan said:

We excel at being organized. So should we use the January storm threat, January LR, or Jan 25th thread?

We need another thread titled "The Gap between the January 25th and January 28th Threats and  Potential Threats Beyond the 28th but Not Quite Really Long Range".  That ought to clear things up, LOL!! :lol:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, snowfan said:

We excel at being organized. So should we use the January storm threat, January LR, or Jan 25th thread?

lol dont know if this is a serious question, but i will give a serious answer

January storm threat is short range, less than 7 days

January long range is long range, more than 7 days

January 25th is for the threat on Monday

So anything between the 25th-28th should be in the storm threat thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mappy said:

lol dont know if this is a serious question, but i will give a serious answer

January storm threat is short range, less than 7 days

January long range is long range, more than 7 days

January 25th is for the threat on Monday

So anything between the 25th-28th should be in the storm threat thread.

That's a pretty good way to describe it I think.  Shorter vs. medium/long range threads, and specific dated events that have real potential (e.g., Jan. 25).  I'd assume that if the Jan. 29 system continues to look real, we'll have a dated thread for that one, too.

3 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

That's a pretty good way to describe it I think.  Shorter vs. medium/long range threads, and specific dated events that have real potential (e.g., Jan. 25).  I'd assume that if the Jan. 29 system continues to look real, we'll have a dated thread for that one, too.

Yeah I think for now keeping the 28th/29th threat in the storm threat thread (really should rename it to short range) is best. It's closer in range and if it goes poof then oh well. If by the weekend it looks more likely that something will happen then we can make a thread for it. 

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

Yeah I think for now keeping the 28th/29th threat in the storm threat thread (really should rename it to short range) is best. It's closer in range and if it goes poof then oh well. If by the weekend it looks more likely that something will happen then we can make a thread for it. 

I broke out laughing looking at the different threads. Being more precise will be helpful :rolleyes:  Thanks. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic