Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

Well that's the offense they run, so not sure it is correct to say Jackson cant read defenses. I think a more accurate criticism is that as he goes through his progressions, sometimes he doesn't pull the trigger, or is a tad late. As for Roman, check out his history as an OC. Always bottom 5 in passing. If the Ravens want Lamar/the team to be more threatening in the passing game, they might consider another OC.

Former Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith has some advice for the team’s current offensive coordinator Greg Roman, and it isn’t to “ice up.”

Speaking on NFL Game Day following the Ravens’ disappointing 17-3 loss in Buffalo, Smith said that Roman’s route combinations are “elementary,” “cracker jack-like,” and “easy to defend.”

13 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Except when he fired Cam Cameron before that Super Bowl run...and he also fired Morningweig after the 2019 playoff loss

It took way too long to fire Cameron. He literally had to at that point. Players couldn't stand his ineptness. And the proof was in the pudding.

Roman was considered a top head coaching candidate after last season. Wish someone would have bit on that.

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Uh oh PSU just canceled winter...or was that Ji...I get so confused by the two....anyway

Don’t confuse my willingness to acknowledge the very real and concerning longer timescale overall patterns and trends with analysis of a specific threat. I still think, and said so, that it snows in the next 2 weeks. I also think there are signs it’s getting a lot harder to get snow around here. It shouldn’t take this many things lining up. Both those thoughts can be true concurrently. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Don’t confuse my willingness to acknowledge the very real and concerning longer timescale overall patterns and trends with analysis of a specific threat. I still think, and said so, that it snows in the next 2 weeks. I also think there are signs it’s getting a lot harder to get snow around here. It shouldn’t take this many things lining up. Both those thoughts can be true concurrently. 

Ok i won't confuse them :wub:

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The long range thread can make one truly psychotic. It looks great then looks bad, it’s be patient it’s coming and then it’s we can’t really know. 

As for me I just want a good precip event that isn’t a cold front. Let’s start there.

No one should be getting too up or down over ops at range.  But what I do find troubling is how it pertains to longer scale issues when we see runs that end up too warm despite a pretty darn good pattern. That run might not be correct but the models are based on sound physics. They don’t show “impossible things” like Ji says. It’s not good when we struggle to be cold enough to snow in late January with a -3 Stdv blocking event and a -epo. If that pattern is still a struggle it portends larger scale problems regardless of the meso scale outcome. Whether is snows or not next week that’s not a good sign long term. 

Just now, MDstorm said:

Wow..... The Chiefs are a football team that actually knows what it takes to win.

Yes. Blocking, tackling, special teams, few turnovers.

There’s never been a “great call” without execution and there are few plays, offense or defense that do work that later get called a “bad call”.

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yes. Blocking, tackling, special teams, few turnovers.

There’s never been a “great call” without execution and there are few plays, offense or defense that do work that later get called a “bad call”.

Of course it’s both. So happy for Andy.  But my current GM has now fired two of the best coaches I’ve ever seen. And he hired Chip Kelly and tried to hire Adam Gase. I’m not confident in our future...

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Of course it’s both. So happy for Andy.  But my current GM has now fired two of the best coaches I’ve ever seen. And he hired Chip Kelly and tried to hire Adam Gase. I’m not confident in our future...

I was wondering what you thought of the Pedersen firing.

2 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I was wondering what you thought of the Pedersen firing.

It’s never as simple as they make it seem on sports talk. Let me preface that I love our owner overall. He’s done way more good then bad over the years. And before I make him seem like the worst GM ever Howie Roseman did build the super bowl team. So he deserves props for that. But right now the owner is way to close to the GM.  Andy had one truly bad season in 14 years and they fired him. Doug had one bad season in 5. Both seem rather impatient decisions Imo. And I consider the current issues way more personnel then coaching. They got old and injured and on top of that their last few drafts were busts and the QB lost his mind. And it’s all mental with Wentz. I dunno if it’s the head injury from last year but he totally lost his timing and feel this year.  This play illustrates it best but this wasn’t an isolated thing.

I dunno how the coach can fix that.  He did that several times every game like his brain was in slow motion. 

Lastly given covid I would have just given this year a mulligan. But the GM was meddling in things that should be coaching decisions like assistant staffing decisions and playing time decisions and that situation finally boiled over. But imo Doug was a good coach. I liked his aggressiveness and play calling. I liked how hard the players played for him. Their failures seemed to be a lack of talent when it mattered not coaching. 

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s never as simple as they make it seem on sports talk. Let me preface that I love our owner overall. He’s done way more good then bad over the years. And before I make him seem like the worst GM ever Howie Roseman did build the super bowl team. So he deserves props for that. But right now the owner is way to close to the GM.  Andy had one truly bad season in 14 years and they fired him. Doug had one bad season in 5. Both seem rather impatient decisions Imo. And I consider the current issues way more personnel then coaching. They got old and injured and on top of that their last few drafts were busts and the QB lost his mind. And it’s all mental with Wentz. I dunno if it’s the head injury from last year but he totally lost his timing and feel this year.  This play illustrates it best but this wasn’t an isolated thing.

I dunno how the coach can fix that.  He did that several times every game like his brain was in slow motion. 

Lastly given covid I would have just given this year a mulligan. But the GM was meddling in things that should be coaching decisions like assistant staffing decisions and playing time decisions and that situation finally boiled over. But imo Doug was a good coach. I liked his aggressiveness and play calling. I liked how hard the players played for him. Their failures seemed to be a lack of talent when it mattered not coaching. 

Tanking that last game did him no favors whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Tanking that last game did him no favors whatsoever. 

That was hard to watch and I hated every bit of that but I honestly don’t think it had anything to do with the decision. If it did they would have fired him immediately. Plus the GM knew about that plan going in so....they weren’t hiding it. They said during the week they intended to rest several starters and get the 3rd string QB some playing time. They said they were treating it like a preseason game. So then after suddenly it’s a problem?   If it was that’s as much the GMs fault. In the end the coach and GM had a toxic relationship and the owner went with the wrong guy imo. The fact they are very close didn’t help. 

44 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Plus he can’t draft a lick.  He drafted JJ Arcega-Whiteside when DK Metcalf was available. Last year every draft pundit and person in the world knew Justin Jefferson was the pick and he took Reagor. All told he’s drafted like 1 pro bowler in 8 years or so.  Howie has to go 

Just now, Prestige Worldwide said:

Plus he can’t draft a lick.  He drafted JJ Arcega-Whiteside when DK Metcalf was available. Last year every draft pundit and person in the world knew Justin Jefferson was the pick and he took Reagor. All told he’s drafted like 1 pro bowler in 8 years or so.  Howie has to go 

Agree but not my decision 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic