Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That was a 495-centric storm.  Didn't get much up here with lousy rates.

That was the one with the weird evolution- had 2 parts, with the second part being an upper air disturbance I think. Models all busted except for the ICON IIRC. It had  DC and western burbs getting the goods while the rest had it further E/NE. I ended up with around 5" here but the forecast was for 10 or so. Didn't get  a flake from the second piece.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

That was the one with the weird evolution- had 2 parts, with the second part being an upper air disturbance I think. Models all busted except for the ICON IIRC. It had  DC and western burbs getting the goods while the rest had it further E/NE. I ended up with around 5" here but the forecast was for 10 or so. Didn't get  a flake from the second piece.

Yup - here are my notes:

10” from a two-part storm that had WAA snow on Saturday and ULL on Sunday with a reasonable lull in between. Just missed out on the best ULL snows by 20-30 miles to the north.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

That was a great storm...I remember 48 hours in, it kept trending better and better for DC.  Something like 24+ hours of snow...I don’t remember my exact total but somewhere near a foot I think.

That was a great storm- exactly 8" here, my biggest storm since the 2016 HECS. It snowed for 40 hours straight. The ending part had some heavy rates.

Every storm since then has been about 1" or less. :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m torn wanting to see an NFL game with some snow and hoping the field isn’t sloppy for Lamar Saturday night. Only a 40%.chance of snow showers so maybe I can have both.

A few random flurries would be ok, but mostly I don't want this game impacted by weather. It could/should be the best game of the divisional round.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic