Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

46 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Idk what kind of luck I'm having right now, but models trending more bullish here for snow. 5H track is close to perfect for Midland, but looks like best ascent is just off to  the north. I'm probably going to do an early morning snow chase on Sunday and will return in time for the Ravens game. I really hope you guys can score soon. I'm just happy we're getting precip here. 

If you didn’t live there, I’d be pissed that your area was getting more snow than DC.  :D  Enjoy the storm!  

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

All hail the EPS. It’s as if nothing else exists.

Like I said in the thread, if we are going to keep the MR and LR together, its going to cause some "unrest" when the LR is brought up and it maybe doesn't look as favorable on some guidance. This honestly shouldn't be a big deal, because we all should know the caveats, and no qualifiers should be needed. That said, this is exactly why I suggested having 2 threads, but I understand the reluctance and that they both could become a mixed up mess.

26 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Like I said in the thread, if we are going to keep the MR and LR together, its going to cause some "unrest" when the LR is brought up and it maybe doesn't look as favorable on some guidance. This honestly shouldn't be a big deal, because we all should know the caveats, and no qualifiers should be needed. That said, this is exactly why I suggested having 2 threads, but I understand the reluctance and that they both could become a mixed up mess.

I’m opposed to one model posting when it comes to long range. I think all the ensembles have to be considered. It’s too much EPS centered.

10 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m opposed to one model posting when it comes to long range. I think all the ensembles have to be considered. It’s too much EPS centered.

I think it varies. See plenty of GEFS stuff too. Maybe we need a little more Canadian.

eta- see my first few posts this morning. I actually ignored the EPS. Then PSU did his little drive-by. :whistle:

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I lurk a lot on here and I'd say the GEFS gets almost as much attention as the EPS.  If the EPS gets a bit more attention, its because it has superior verification scores.  I haven't looked but someone said that the GEPS agrees with the EPS.  So its definitely worth some concern.

7 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I lurk a lot on here and I'd say the GEFS gets almost as much attention as the EPS.  If the EPS gets a bit more attention, its because it has superior verification scores.  I haven't looked but someone said that the GEPS agrees with the EPS.  So its definitely worth some concern.

I would agree with this...and was also thinking the GEPS was leaning more toward the EPS than the GEFS with the long range. I’d imagine a compromise in the middle could be possible....I also wonder if that period is more questionable given we would be approaching the period for impacts, if any, from the SSW?

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Not me. I like what i saw on the GEFS for the 17th-24th, and hopefully beyond.

I mean, we cant just pretend the EPS is the JMA, so it certainly  needs to be discussed in a thread that includes discussion of the LR. I would prefer the LR talk be in its own thread, but that idea seems to be dead lol.

The powers to be have spoken on that :( lol

33 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Its been tried before, once while I have been around.  It immediately devolves into a confusing mash with people posting pattern stuff in the storm thread and storm stuff in the pattern thread.

It’s really not that big of a deal to have one thread - my issue is more when we get closer to an event.  Its gotten so absurd with ‘omg, don’t start a thread for a storm because we’ll jinx it’ that when we do get a threat within 4 days, we’re still trigger shy so the LR thread becomes a discussion about SSWE, teleconnections, 96 hour storms, etc.  That gets too much.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic