• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

I'm choosing not to get invested in placement of any specific threat outside of three days. I think the models are doing a good job of seeing windows, but with all the crazy sh*t happening in the atmosphere, they just can't nail down specifics at any sort of extended range. As Luvr has pointed out many times, the GFS shows a very different vort look at every six hours, so with all that interaction there's simply no way to be confident in what will happen in my little slice of backyard beyond a few days.

40 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm choosing not to get invested in placement of any specific threat outside of three days. I think the models are doing a good job of seeing windows, but with all the crazy sh*t happening in the atmosphere, they just can't nail down specifics at any sort of extended range. As Luvr has pointed out many times, the GFS shows a very different vort look at every six hours, so with all that interaction there's simply no way to be confident in what will happen in my little slice of backyard beyond a few days.

I adopted a 72-hour rule for getting invested years ago, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made as far as coping with being a weenie.

• Like 2

I have been rooting for you all and much of my family that still lives there.  

My 7th winter here and very little snow at my house. 

Actually the least I have seen in 7 years.  Consistently a bit too warm and the strong west flow off the Pacific gets sucked up by the mountains.   Similar to the Allegheny Front in WV & MD. 

The good news for snow lovers (like myself) the snowcover line is just 5 miles west.  Go 15 miles west and there is the normal snow pack.  Around 75” on the ground above 6000’

Crater Lake is a day trip from here but more of a summer destination when the Lake Drive is open. 

Idk what kind of luck I'm having right now, but models trending more bullish here for snow. 5H track is close to perfect for Midland, but looks like best ascent is just off to  the north. I'm probably going to do an early morning snow chase on Sunday and will return in time for the Ravens game. I really hope you guys can score soon. I'm just happy we're getting precip here. 

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic