• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

So, yesterday I came in pretty disappointed after being hung out to dry (literally) by mother nature for most of our storm. The last 4.5 hrs, however brought some serious magic and we almost reached 5" for the storm total (3.5" in 4.5 hrs). It was incredible as we hugged the western edge like some people around here hug models. The last band brought 1.6" of the fluffiest snow I'll ever see for down here in 2 hrs time. I could not believe my luck. It was a banner way to exit an otherwise craptastic year. 

Here's to 2021. Happy New Year everyone :)

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Debated not drinking for a few days. Then kids started yelling and arguing. 

Cheers!

Wife and I are starting Drynuary on Sunday...because there’s no way in hell we could go two weekend nights in a row after the last two weeks. I feel a bit of relief that I’ve got a couple more days to go, but I’m fearful of my mental state come next Sunday evening.

48 minutes ago, Scraff said:

What years are you cracking? I have some BCS bottles from  09/10/12/13/14/15. I mistakenly broke my chain of the vertical by drinking the 11. It was a drunken moment of stupidity during one our previous years snow storms. :lol:

Let me know how the tasting goes. Love to hear about it. Cheers!

Weather related - it’s cold and damn rainy. Too bad it wasn’t 10 degrees colder.

We’re cracking the 2020 Anniversary bottle (aged in Weller 12-year barrels) and 2017 Reserve (aged in 11-year Knob Creek barrels), and will follow that with a couple cans of Parish Holy Ghost. We’re going to have the same stout share this time next year.

Nice list! Keeping those beers for double-digit years is really impressive! I feel the pain on ruining your vertical in a moment of weakness :lol:. I have 2014 and 2016-2020 stouts, as well as a 2014 barleywine. Jealous of those older bottles, but I’d never be able to pull the trigger on drinking them! :lol:

18 minutes ago, mattie g said:

We’re cracking the 2020 Anniversary bottle (aged in Weller 12-year barrels) and 2017 Reserve (aged in 11-year Knob Creek barrels), and will follow that with a couple cans of Parish Holy Ghost. We’re going to have the same stout share this time next year.

Nice list! Keeping those beers for double-digit years is really impressive! I feel the pain on ruining your vertical in a moment of weakness :lol:. I have 2014 and 2016-2020 stouts, as well as a 2014 barleywine. Jealous of those older bottles, but I’d never be able to pull the trigger on drinking them! :lol:

I might be able to save an 09 and 10 for a weather friends bottle/can share when we get back to “normal”.  I have 2 of those each so would love to do that. I want to share with people who would truly appreciate them. B)

1 minute ago, 40westwx said:

The best part about it is she tried to justify it by saying: 

"Scientists said airplanes are safer than grocery stores"

Hey, I’ll make this blunt. Stop with the covid conspiracy crap or you’re gonna get 5 posts per day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Friends from Brazil sent their son to stay with us for his “summer” break the winter of 2002/3. He had never seen snow before in his life. At one point I remember he said “I didn’t know you lived at the North Pole. 

PSU - that's hilarious and very coincidental as our exchange student (Luis) asked the same thing.  Well, he didn't say it outright because his limited English prevent getting anything close to a complex thought out.  What he did was point to a picture of Santa and asked if Santa is here - in Ohio.  He was shaking so much from the combination of jet lag, fright, cold and sheer terror we thought he was going to pass out.  And that was just from the walk off the plane into the terminal.  When we walked outside the terminal to the parking lot he almost went into convulsions.  Don't remember how cold it was at the time, maybe teens or 20's, which was normal for Ohio back then.   

38 minutes ago, George BM said:

Not that I will tonight but if you're someone (like me) who has never drank alcohol once in your life before, what is a good way to start without killing yourself? 

... SHOULD I start?

Try a beer. Try a real one- a craft ale, maybe a fruity/juicy IPA or something, not a Bud lite lol. I wouldn't go straight to trying liquor, although a lot of young adults do just that. Jager bombs ftl. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Found this nugget in my saved screenshots 

1-24-2016 

Notice the MAX is 59.5" :o

PhotoPictureResizer_210101_222225378_crop_1316x2220.jpg

I remember this run! This one is up there with the 65" NAM run before the 2013 New England Blizzard lol 

The crazy part is the map is actually good outlining the hardest hit areas. Was just a touch rambunctious on the total snowfall lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Found this nugget in my saved screenshots 

1-24-2016 

Notice the MAX is 59.5" :o

PhotoPictureResizer_210101_222225378_crop_1316x2220.jpg

I have a bunch of screenshots from the models leading up to that storm too on my computer somewhere... pretty sure there was a DGEX run where a 70+ inch marker showed up.  Might have been at IAD on the Cobb data though

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic