Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Discobs 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Low of 20F at BWI and only 24F at DCA lol. BWI hasn’t been in the teens yet this winter and DCAs record long 22+ streak continues. 

I live a few miles from DCA and never dropped below 23.5°. It’s crazy how cold an airmass we need to get real cold these days.

Will post this here  about storm because got a royal hen clucking last night when posted something in storm thread Other than model depictions or discussion   Am seeking actual  help and comment on this- Looked up my analogs on previous storms and if I am assessing the location correctly of current storm center being in NE OK then that historically does favor DC as to the transfer not missing us. Hope later on it ends up no further than central KY before it gives it up .

35.5F currently 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

My numbers for January 2021

Total precip was 3.22 inches vs a normal of 2.77 inches, a +0.45 above the average. Wettest day was the 26th with 1.68 inches falling. There were 13 dry days, 5 days with a 'T' and 13 days with measurable. Total snow for the month was 6.7 inches vs a normal of 7.0 inches, a -0.3 below average. Heaviest snow was on last day, the 31st, with 4.2 inches falling. There were 19 days with no snow, 6 days with a 'T' and 6 days with measurable. There were 4 days with measurable snow on ground at the 7 am reading time. The average high was 41.8 degrees vs a normal of 42.5 degrees, a -0.7 below average. The warmest day was on the 1st with a 58.1 degree reading. The average low was 26.6 degrees vs a normal of 21.8 degrees, a +4.8 above average. The coldest reading was on the 30th with 14.5 degrees. The overall averaged temp was 34.2 degrees vs the normal of 32.1 degrees, a +2.1 above average. The highest wind recorded was 35 mph on the 20th.  Records for the month are 2 new daily rainfalls, one on the 26th and the other on the 3rd. Overall a slightly warmer and wetter than average January for around here. Records from October 1979.

• Like 1