Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Discobs 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 hour ago, umdterps29 said:

I am out at Deep Creek through Wednesday. Excited to see some flakes fall for the next few days. Hoping to get 6"+ by the time I head back to Baltimore. It's pretty cold out currently. Barely over 32 and breezy. I expect temps to crash when the precip rolls in

You picked a good time to come out.  You’ll see snow everyday while you’re here.  Enjoy it. 

34/31 with precip at the doorstep.  

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

You picked a good time to come out.  You’ll see snow everyday while you’re here.  Enjoy it. 

34/31 with precip at the doorstep.  

Precip just started hot and heavy right away, but it is a graupel of sorts. Definitely not sleet, but very fine snowfall that is accumulating immediately

1 minute ago, umdterps29 said:

Precip just started hot and heavy right away, but it is a graupel of sorts. Definitely not sleet, but very fine snowfall that is accumulating immediately

Yeah, just noticed it now....got grauple/tiny flakes.  What’s snow cover like where you are?  Basically full coverage here but interestingly when I went ‘into town’/McHenry on 219, much spottier.

Just now, nj2va said:

Yeah, just noticed it now....got grauple/tiny flakes.  What’s snow cover like where you are?  Basically full coverage here but interestingly when I went ‘into town’/McHenry on 219, much spottier.

We are at the top of Wisp on a pretty flat piece of land that has a lot of exposure to sunlight so it's very spotty. Have a feeling it will cover up in a hurry this weekend though

12 minutes ago, umdterps29 said:

We are at the top of Wisp on a pretty flat piece of land that has a lot of exposure to sunlight so it's very spotty. Have a feeling it will cover up in a hurry this weekend though

Just changed to big fatties and there's already about 1/4" on grass/wood surfaces. Roads are just wet for now

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Too bad we leave tomorrow!  But loving today! 

22 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Nice, glad you are finally getting in on it!  

Legit SN+ with fatties!

Absolutely ripping out there. Just went for a walk. 1/4 mile visibility at most and at times it seemed like it was down to about 100 yards. Easily picked up 1" on all surfaces at this point. Roads caved in a hurry

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jonjon said:

I hope you're right!

PM me if you head this way.  Probably a wait to get in over the weekend, but Sunday Monday may be easier.  I'm usually off the grid during weekends, I'm trying to get my next business started up here (artisanal bakery).  I plan on being an all-round yeast master.

Will you be selling your breads at the brewery once the new business is up and running?

31 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Quick look has 6z 3k still interested in SS or squalls later . 

Hrrr concentrates anything DC south and not as impressive as late last nights run. Still think a few lucky people get a good coating 

Coating of what? It's going to be near 50 today. Maybe a few sprinkles or showers later according to my point and click.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic